Away is seeking a Production Manager to strategize and execute the day-to-day production processes for our Luggage category. This key contributor is accountable for seamless execution of the demand fulfillment portion of the Supply Chain from PO placement to delivery of products to our warehouse network, which includes but not limited to production planning, component procurement, inventory management, capacity planning, and new launch execution. The Production Manager is a strategic thinker and self-starter who will iterate on processes, proactively create new ones, and independently solve complex production challenges. The Production Manager manages multiple supplier relationships and will lead continuous improvement initiatives. Works cross functionally with internal and external teams, and will be the business owner for cross-functional projects. The ideal candidate will have had 4-6 years of professional relevant work experience. This position will report to the Production Director based out of our headquarters in SoHo, NYC.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the end-to-end planning and supply chain operations for our luggage category, including PO placement, MRP (Materials Requirement Planning), inventory management, master-data and BOM maintenance, capacity planning.
- Develop and maintain production schedules with our suppliers to ensure on time delivery of products to the port. Problem solve any production challenges and act as a liaison between our suppliers, freight providers, and transportation team.
- Partner with Planning to understand the demand forecast and create supply/production plans to ensure capacity and availability of materials. Identify and problem solve roadblocks.
- Identify and execute on ways to increase productivity and cost efficiencies across all product lines, including ownership of product costs and margins at the production level.
- Establish systemic supplier scorecards and KPIs to ensure supply chain accountability.
- Be a key stakeholder in the implementation of an ERP system, owning PO placement and production milestones, to ensure accurate accounting of inventory while identifying ways to improve these processes.
- Collaborate and influence cross functionally with Product Development, Product Marketing, Planning, and Transportation to ensure cohesive production timelines for both new product launches and existing core assortment. Make recommendations to improve these processes.
- Be a creative problem solver who proactively identifies roadblocks and takes initiative to resolve.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Operations Planning, Engineering or related fields preferred
- 4-6 years professional experience in a Supply Chain Production/Operations management
- Strong proficiency with Excel and/or Googlesheets with experience in advanced formulas (index/match, v/h lookups, pivot tables, charts, etc.). VBA experience is a plus
- Experience implementing and/or maintaining an ERP system such as SAP or Netsuite is preferred
- A strong written/oral communicator
- Thrives in a very fast paced environment that requires continual multi-tasking and prioritization
- Self-starter with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Analytical problem solver
- APICS certification or progress towards certification is a major plus
- Love to travel (but that’s a given)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!