Away is seeking an experienced Brand Manager of Campaigns to support 360 brand communications that will drive awareness, conversion, and loyalty while creating a strong emotional connection to our customers. This individual will manage and oversee the end-to-end IMC process for internal initiatives from comms brief, to plan development, to ultimate delivery of the IMC in market. Responsibilities span line extensions, limited editions, and partnerships. This role requires communications skills in liaising with cross functional teams, creative acumen in working with our creative partners, and media knowledge in collaborating with our growth team. An ideal candidate has a passion for brand strategy, creativity, and thinking innovatively about how we can amplify our brand message at scale. The role reports to the Brand Director, and is based in our SoHo, New York Headquarters.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Act as a guardian of our brand.
- Gain buy in and alignment on IMC briefs across all key stakeholders.
- Act as a point of contact for cross functional teams in the IMC process while ensuring that tactics align with strategic objectives of the brief and brand positioning.
- Partner with the Creative team to bring holistic plans to the Brand and Creative Services Directors
- Anticipate other teams’ needs and interdependencies– build a strong, trustworthy and collaborative relationship with our creactive and growth teams.
- Collaborate closely with the PR team to build earned media amplification into our plans.
- Stay on top of marketing trends and news on culturally-relevant brands to help guide and shape future marketing support.
- Develop and maintain key performance metrics that track the efficacy of the IMC; summarize key learnings and recommended actions to allow us to optimize future IMC work.
Who you are:
- You have 4-6 years of relevant working experience; brand management and/or creative agency experience preferred.
- You are customer-obsessed—you understand our customer and how to speak to them at every point of the marketing funnel.
- You enjoy connecting the dots and partnering cross functionally. You are very familiar with brand strategy, creative development and multi-channel execution and have executed these at scale to drive business results and brand equity.
- You have experience leading briefings and management of creative agencies and/or in-house teams.
- You are incredibly organized and able to juggle a variety of initiatives.
- You have exceptional communication and story-telling skills that bring passion, energy and inspiration to the forefront.
- You are culturally-aware and naturally curious—you know what other brands are doing.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You are hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- You are never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
- You love to travel (but that's a given)—willing to travel for work
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!