Away is seeking a Senior Manager of Product Marketing Operations who will be responsible for the operational success of the Product Marketing team. You’ll track key product launch milestones, build scalable systems and processes, and facilitate alignment between Product Marketing and key internal stakeholders in order to improve the effectiveness of Away’s end-to-end product launch process. This position will report to the Director of Product Strategy & Marketing, and is based in our SoHo, New York headquarters.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Manage Product Marketing timelines and deliverables, creating a common product launch calendar, communicate deadlines, and reviewing consistency of deliverables
- Partner with Product Marketing and cross-functional teams (including but not limited to: Product Development, Planning & Production, Brand, Creative, Web, Retail, and International) to ensure ownership and alignment across the organization, problem solving to resolve issues and recommending mid-program shifts when needed
- Build scalable tools, systems, templates, and processes that improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our end-to-end product launch process (from concept ideation to in-market launch) as our business grows and scales
- Develop effective meeting management standards for the Product Marketing team; socialize ways of working, objectives, and outcomes of key meetings with cross-functional partners
- Develop systematic ways of incorporating customer insights and data to our product launch process
- Stay abreast of new project/program management technologies and best practices in the industry
Who You Are:
- You have 5-8 years of relevant experience:
- In a project/program management role in a fast-paced environment (as examples, in operations consulting at a top-tier management consulting firm or product management or marketing operations at a high-growth startup)
- Building and implementing scalable processes and systems to support the launch of physical products (e.g. in CPG, retail)
- You are a strategic thinker (i.e. able to take the 10,000 foot view) with strong attention to detail
- You are results-oriented and process-focused with a passion for problem-solving and efficiency
- You are a strong relationship builder, with proven ability to work cross-functionally (as well as up, down and across the organization) to champion new processes and be a change agent
- You communicate clearly and seamlessly with a broad array of internal stakeholders
- You are hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude and are willing to put in the time necessary for success
- You thrive in an incredibly fast-paced, ever-changing, and sometimes ambiguous work environment
- You are passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to
- do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!