As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Provide exceptional customer service to every person, every time
- Deliver a memorable experience to each and every customer in a way that is uniquely Away
- Represent our brand and our core values
- Maintain the highest level of product knowledge and expertise. Help customers navigate through the shopping, product and sales journey
- Maintain the integrity of the space and uphold our visual standards
- Work in-store programs and events as needed
- Assist with any necessary processes and operations to keep the store alive and thriving!
Who You Are:
- Excellent communicator with a passion for people
- Comfortable working with all types of personalities
- Maintains cool under pressure
- An effective and expedient problem-solver with a keen attention to detail
- Positive attitude and feels there is no task too small and no task too large
- Eager to be at the frontline of a fast-paced and growing company
Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
Education requirements didn’t limit the career of our co-founder Jen Rubio, and it won't limit your opportunities at Away either. We do not restrict our application pool based on education degrees, if you have strong professional experience, we want you to apply!
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups and inclusion training, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey and Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online and through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up and offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage and travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” and one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies”. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London and Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.