Away is seeking a Manager of Email Marketing to oversee and drive our lifecycle email marketing strategy at Away. This person will play an instrumental role in the day-to-day execution, management, reporting and optimization of all Triggered and Transactional emails and the development of our email list to support customer retention. This position is based out of our headquarters in SoHo, New York City and reports to the Director of Retention Marketing.
What you'll do:
- Oversee all lifecycle marketing campaigns, including Welcome, Post Purchase, and Transactional emails
- Perform regular analyses on the performance of the lifecycle emails generating insights and learnings to inform future improvements
- Create a robust segmentation strategy aimed at personalizing the customer journey and maximizing every touch point in the customer lifecycle
- Develop a rigorous testing strategy to continually optimize these programs, including identifying opportunities to A/B test campaigns, with the goal of driving increased repeat purchase behavior from our lifecycle email program
- Provide visibility into the performance and key metrics of the emails and testing strategy for awareness of how we’re driving additional repeat behavior from the email channel
- Regularly identify trends and track lifecycle email marketing strategies from other global brands to glean insights on best practices and new innovative ideas for Lifecycle Email Marketing tactics, including audits of how we can acquire, nurture and retain these customers
- Monitor and develop new initiatives to drive list growth supporting retention
- Work closely with the broader Email Marketing team to connect our strategy and findings across the program
- Work with the creative team to manage and oversee all aspects of the lifecycle email development process (e.g., briefing design and copy teams, creative review, routing, and deployment)
Who you are:
- You have 4-6 years of experience across email marketing with specific experience overseeing and optimizing lifecycle emails at a B2C company.
- You are a critical thinker and are familiar with email optimization tactics to improve performance. You love testing and know how to quickly pivot based on results.
- You are creative and analytical. You can run email and cohort analyses with the ability to synthesize and communicate your findings.
- You have strong HTML / CSS knowledge and find yourself regularly developing new email templates or code snippets.
- You understand the requirements for CAN-SPAM compliance as well as the nuances of email compliance internationally in various regulatory regimes (e.g., GDPR or CASL)
- You are plugged in to what other brands are doing and are constantly looking for new ideas to test.
- You have an unparalleled attention to detail with strong project management and organizational skills.
- You have a clear understanding of overall email processes and deep experience with ESP platforms
- You love email. Whether it's conferences, podcasts, white papers, or industry news, you're excited for the latest and greatest happening in the email world.
- You love to travel (but that's a given)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!