Away is seeking a Manager of Shipping & Fulfillment to join and actively contribute to our quickly growing Fulfillment team and our new local office in London! You’ll work directly with our Director of Global Fulfillment & Transportation, the Away European team as well as with other cross-functional teams at Away, to help develop a best in class fulfillment and delivery network/roadmap, to minimize both fulfillment costs and transit time to customers throughout Continental Europe and UK while providing them with best-in-class delivery experience.
This role is based out of our offices in London and reports to the General Manager of Europe, (based out of London), with a dotted line to the Director of Global Fulfillment & Transportation (based in New York City).
What You'll Do:
- Manage and scale the day to day Fulfillment & Transportation operations of Away’s EU and UK business, working with customer experience and the cross functional team to deliver on our core value of being “Customer Obsessed”
- Develop relationships and manage vendors such as UPS, FedEx, DHL, and other regional carriers, ensuring compliance to SLAs, pricing, and on-time delivery expectations
- Develop and track supplier performance through KPI measurements and SLA accountability
- Work with our global implementation and continuous improvement team to roll out new capabilities, enhance quality, and increase cost efficiency
- Support RFP processes to expand 3PL fulfillment network and capabilities
- Lead Away’s UK/EU Fulfillment & Transportation strategic roadmap - and work with the GM of Europe and the Director of Global Fulfillment & Transportation to make it happen
- Expand and improve Away’s fulfillment & transportation options to rapidly scale the number of Away customers we can reach throughout the EU and UK.
- Use your local knowledge and first-hand experience of the European logistics landscape to help educate and inform any decision we make as we grow
Who You Are:
- 5-8 years experience in fulfillment & transportation operations with a logistics service provider or brand/retailer, in the UK and/or Continental Europe
- Willingness to learn new systems for day-to-day operations, or for the collection of data to perform analytics
- Strong analytical skills utilizing Excel and other analytical tools.
- Experience with WMS (e.g., Manhattan OS or iSeries, JDA), OMS (e.g., Manhattan Order Management), ERP (e.g. NetSuite), and various other supply chain oriented systems, as well as clear understanding how they interact with one another and how they can be used to build an end-to-end logistics solution.
- Prior work with world-class 3PL, freight, and small parcel providers in the UK/EU (DHL, DPD, FedEx, UPS, K+N, DSV, CEVA) a plus
- Familiarity with typical EU customs and freight regulations
- Excellent communicator and proven ability to not only make recommendations and drive a strategic agenda but also the ability to get projects over the finish line and get their hands dirty
- Team player with a proven ability to work cross functionally, learn from others and be in it together in our mission to build the #1 travel company in the world
- Any European language skills in addition to English are a plus, particularly French or German
- Love to travel (but that's a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to
- do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!