Away is seeking a highly-organized and motivated Senior Associate of People Operations to join our team. As a part of our People Operations team, you will have the opportunity to make a sizable impact and play a vital role in keeping Away running like a well-oiled machine.
The People Operations Senior Associate will work directly with, and learn from, key company leaders and gain hands-on exposure to a wide range of business operations. Most importantly, you will build cross-functional relationships throughout Away to ensure that People Ops runs smoothly.
Our ideal candidate is thoughtful, curious, resourceful, and has a propensity for creating and maintaining efficient, effective workflows. You will report directly to our Director of People Operations, and will be based at our HQ in SoHo, NYC.
What you’ll do:
- Become a point of contact for the People Team, directing our employees to the right business owner to ensure we provide the right support.
- Manage internal People Operations projects and workflows.
- Provide administrative support and anticipate the needs of our Director of People Operations.
- Maintain and develop a working knowledge of internal databases, resources, and systems such as our company intranet and internal calendars.
- Create and present new company policies, SOP’s and procedures to the Director of People Operations that improve the people processes at Away.
- Develop, initiate, and implement an array of special projects, including selecting and onboarding new vendors and partners to better our onboarding or people management processes.
- Interact with and develop resourceful relationships with colleagues across the company to help keep things running smoothly.
- Assist in employment changes for both Away’s HQ and retail employees, including salary, title or FT/PT status changes.
- Assist with on-boarding and off-boarding procedures, working cross functionally, as needed.
- Assist in staying on top of employment laws at Away HQ, including state and local laws.
Who you are:
- You have at least 2 years of relevant professional work experience. Prior experience in an HR team or running payroll is preferred but not required.
- Meticulously organized, vigilant, and detail oriented
- Demonstrated interest in people operations and loves helping others
- Eager to learn the ins and outs of start-up growth and development
- Friendly and patient team player, with the drive to work autonomously
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment while managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a variety of contacts, including outside counsel, senior management and business partners.
- A focus on results with a high sense of urgency and demonstrated time management skills.
- A creative thinker with an efficiency mindset who is never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking “how can we do this better?”
- Seeks to grow with Away and identifies with our brand values
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!