Away is seeking a seasoned paid search (SEM / PPC) marketer to lead our global paid search program across Google and Bing Ads.
In this role, you will lead strategic planning for paid search on Google and Bing, oversee campaign development and execution in new and existing markets, and define our capabilities roadmap as new platform features are rolled out and made available across text, shopping (PLA), and discovery ads. The ideal candidate will have a significant track record of success in paid search for international e-commerce and retail brands, with a deep understanding of architecting accounts for scale, auction mechanics, bid and budget management, localization considerations, and account automation techniques.
This individual contributor role reports to our Head of Acquisition Marketing and is based out of our SoHo headquarters in New York City. As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
Some what you'll do:
- Lead strategy and execution of paid search campaigns on Google and Bing, maximizing revenue while delivering on efficiency goals in our domestic (US) and international markets (primarily Canada, Europe, and Australia).
- Perform routine optimization for paid search campaigns, including: keyword research and expansion, bid strategy management, budget allocation, forecasting, performance monitoring, ad format and dynamic creative testing, etc.
- Monitor and analyze competitor activity, marketplace trends, and impression share, and adjust our domestic and international strategies accordingly.
- Set the strategic roadmap for both implementing best practices and pioneering test-and-learn initiatives to generate competitive advantages within our auctions, incorporating the latest features and capabilities of each platform.
- Partner with our Creative and International teams to rapidly test and localize conversion-oriented ad copy, increasing revenue and efficiency while generating broader learnings for each market.
- Partner with our Data team to synthesize search behavior trends and changes in purchase intent across product categories in order to stay current on opportunities within each of our markets.
This role may be a fit for you if:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in paid search, preferably at a high-growth consumer brand managing multi-million dollar budgets, or at an agency where you actively managed SEM / PPC campaigns (including PLA) at scale within your book of clients.
- You have experience running international campaigns at significant scale, including campaigns running non-English copy and ad assets.
- You are very familiar with managing campaigns through one or more of the major bid management solutions (Google Marketing Platform, Google Ads Editor, Kenshoo, Marin) and have a working knowledge of relative strengths and limitations of each.
- You are an expert at data-driven analysis in Excel / Google Sheets, and may have exposure to data visualization through tools like Looker or Tableau.
- You have worked with brand-side copywriters and Creative teams to thoughtfully develop and test brand-elevating copy that also drives performance.
- You can confidently handle product feed updates yourself, or are otherwise technical enough to provide engineers with helpful guidance that reduces implementation time for any necessary edits.
- You add to our company culture and embody our core values of being thoughtful, iterative, empowered, customer-obsessed, in it together, and accessible.
- You’re passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more...! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!