Away is seeking a seasoned Paid Social & Programmatic performance / acquisition marketer to lead our paid social program and define our programmatic strategy for the United States and Canada.
In this role, you will lead strategic planning for paid Facebook / Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, Snapchat, and more, oversee execution across our paid social channel portfolio against our performance goals, define our experimentation and capabilities roadmap, and direct the team’s time and resources against evolving priorities. This role will also establish and scale a cutting-edge programmatic program, in partnership with other senior leaders on the Marketing, Data, Creative, and Finance teams.
The ideal candidate will have significant track record of success across both paid social and self-service programmatic, and have a strong working knowledge of paid social ad platforms, DSP / DMPs, CDPs, ad exchanges, and the ad tech ecosystem.
This role reports to our Head of Acquisition Marketing and is based out of our SoHo headquarters in New York City. As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
Some of what you'll do:
- Strategize and execute paid social and programmatic campaigns that drive revenue and brand awareness while maintaining efficiency goals.
- Explore and determine viability of paid social channels with emerging performance capabilities in order to meaningfully diversify our paid social portfolio. These include, but aren’t limited to platforms such as: Snapchat, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Quora.
- Build a programmatic stack and program roadmap after careful evaluation of our holistic strategy, current and anticipated capabilities, and diligence of potential partners across the ad tech ecosystem, in partnership with the broader Acquisition and Data teams.
- Develop rigorous tests and reporting to understand impact drivers, generate broader learnings that inform channel strategy and creative development, and ultimately increase revenue and efficiency.
- Work with senior leadership on the marketing team to evolve an internal point of view on major programmatic and digital trends (e.g. viewability, verification, fraud, DCO, CRM, first and third party data, cookie tracking) that will heavily inform our media planning and capabilities roadmaps.
- Partner with our Brand Marketing and Creative teams on development of strategic campaign direction and creative assets to achieve our goals and drive ROI.
- Uncover new opportunities to acquire customers efficiently and at scale through well-developed relationships with vendor or platform partners and your existing network of contacts.
This role may be a fit for you if:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in performance paid social and programmatic buying, preferably at a high-growth consumer brand managing multi-million dollar budgets, or at an agency where you actively managed performance campaigns at scale within your book of clients.
- You have experience managing a team, and are a true servant leader who believes developing skills in team members you lead is of the utmost importance.
- You are very familiar with managing campaigns through Facebook Ads Manager / API platforms, and have direct experience with backends on other paid social platforms. You may have experience with FMPs, such as Smartly, Nanigans, or Kenshoo.
- You have hands-on knowledge of ad serving solutions, tag management, and ad ops. You are very familiar with DSPs or DSP alternatives, especially Google Ads/DV360, The Trade Desk, Amazon, and Beeswax, and can speak authoritatively to the relative strengths and weaknesses of each platform.
- You have extensive knowledge on viewability measurement and ad verification (IAS, Moat, DoubleVerify), incrementality measurement, and audience measurement (Nielsen DAR).
- You are an expert at data-driven analysis in Excel / Google Sheets, and may have exposure to data visualization through tools like Looker or Tableau.
- You add to our company culture and embody our core values of being thoughtful, iterative, empowered, customer-obsessed, in it together, and accessible.
- You’re passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!