We’re looking for a Manager in our Customer Experience team to lead ongoing Brand and Product Education. As a brand guardian, this person will be responsible for continuously training our growing CX team on marketing initiatives and new products in addition to regulating our tone of voice and communication guidelines to the highest brand standards.
We think of Customer Experience first and foremost as a marketing function, and always push ourselves to ask: How can we turn every touchpoint the customer has with our business into such a positive opportunity that they feel compelled to tell their family or friends about it at the dinner table that night? A core tenet of our CX function is thinking about going beyond what our customers expect to leave a meaningful memory of our brand.
This role will partner cross functionally with our Brand, Product, Creative and Retention teams to build the framework for ongoing team education that supports empathetic and transparent communications while keeping our brand front and center.
The role will report to the Senior Manager of CX Operations, and is based in our NoHo, New York headquarters.
What you’ll do:
- Create and evangelize process, systems and messaging to ensure we're consistently delivering best-in-class customer experience standards
- Act as the guardian for our brand standards and guidelines across all customer experience touchpoints
- Partner closely with Brand, Product, Creative, Retention and more to gather information and context to effectively create trainings and implement recommendations
- Build an engaging education agenda that’s aligned with achieving operational excellence
- Scale your team to effectively meet the demands of our growing business while always protecting our brand
- Utilize customer insights and data to systematize recommendations that will further drive growth and loyalty of new and existing customers
- Responsible for overseeing all KPIs relating to the quality of our customer interactions
Who you are:
- You have 3-5 years of work experience in customer service, ideally for a renowned customer service team / brand
- Your communication skills are unrivaled, and you know how to make people listen and understand
- You are brand-led and fluent in today’s Customer Experience landscape across multiple channels
- You obsess over how our brand shows up and have exceptionally high personal and team standards
- You understand the customer journey and where we can alleviate pain points and deliver a memorable customer experience
- You are curious and resourceful with a natural ability to solve problems and seek new information, yet also accessible to all team members and eager to solicit feedback
- You love making customers happy
- You are a true listener and believe it takes multiple points of feedback and perspective to develop the right strategy
- You partner effectively with others in order to provide solutions in all areas of the department and overall business, and you’re able to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
- You love to travel (but that's a given)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!