We’re looking for a Manager of Customer Experience to lead our world-class customer experience associates. We think of Customer Experience first and foremost as a marketing function, and always push ourselves to ask: How can we turn every touchpoint the customer has with our business into such an expectedly positive opportunity that they feel compelled to tell their family or friends about it at the dinner table that night? A core tenet of our CX function is thinking about going beyond what our customers expect to leave a meaningful memory of our brand.
In this role, you’ll drive business impact by building, developing and scaling our existing team of high-performing associates, and help in continuing to build out and iterate on team structure as we scale. You’ll keep the growing team organized, aligned with and accountable to company goals, focused on delivering on our customer promise and providing the best possible support for our customers.
The role will report to the Director of Customer Experience, and is based in our NoHo, New York headquarters.
What you’ll do:
- Develop process, systems, guidance, employee skills development, and coaching to ensure we're consistently delivering best-in-class customer experience standards as our business grows and scales; our goal is to turn our customer interactions into brand evangelism, including referral and loyalty, in an operationally efficient way
- Lead and grow the team of CX associates
- Support the team, reduce noise and remove roadblocks so they can deliver awe-inspiring customer service over the phone, email and live chat, and deliver within our customer SLAs on each platform
- Use data to inform staffing and hiring needs, and manage team’s performance using metrics and dashboards for each platform
- Manage escalated customer relationships efficiently and effectively
- Build an engaging work environment that’s aligned with achieving operational excellence
- Embody our core values and add to our culture. You’ll help set the tone across the team of what it means to be customer-obsessed
Who you are:
- You have 3-5 years of work experience in customer experience, at least 2 managing a team of 10+ people
- You are a true coach and mentor and deeply care about the professional development of the people you lead
- You are highly process oriented and believe in using data to inform your decisions
- You can think holistically about both traditional and newer support channels including phone, email, live chat, text message, etc.
- You are a true listener and believe it takes multiple points of feedback and perspective to develop the right strategy
- Your communication skills are unrivaled, and you know how to make people listen and understand
- You are curious and resourceful with a natural ability to solve problems and seek new information, yet also accessible to all team members and eager to solicit feedback
- You love making customers happy
- You have experience mentoring, coaching, and developing people, and want to inspire their best work
- You are never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
- You love to travel (but that's a given)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!