Away is seeking a dynamic and experienced recruiter who will help us transform from a startup to global organization. You will be responsible for developing a diverse pipeline of high-quality talent and managing full-cycle recruiting for roles at all levels across the company. You will also partner with hiring managers to design and execute staffing and recruitment strategies to help Away continue to build an innovative and boundary-pushing team. You will report into the Global Director of Talent Acquisition and this position will be based in our SoHo, New York office.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to hiring managers, helping to craft roles, write job descriptions, design hiring plans and create proof of skills tests
- Attract, source and screen applicants using a variety of techniques, including networking, social outreach and direct sourcing
- Manage a high number of open roles at varying levels across many different teams, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and customer service to both internal clients and external candidates
- Create and ensure a best-in-class candidate experience as candidates move through the hiring funnel
- Track metrics throughout each search, providing hiring managers and senior leadership with weekly updates; analyze the dashboard to identify trends and variances to inform process and strategy needs for each team and role
- Optimize all processes and tools to increase efficiency and improve the recruiting experience for both candidates and hiring managers
- Partner with the broader People team to ensure that recruitment processes positively impact employee engagement and promote a diverse and inclusive workplace
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-4 years of work experience as a recruiter, preferably at a startup or with a high growth team
- Pre-existing, strong and broad external network, is a plus
- Exceptional discretion, judgment and critical thinking
- Strong organizational skills, high level of efficiency, and ability to manage operations with precision and consistent follow through
- Strong client-service orientation and relationship-building skills; comfort working with various types of people in different contexts
- Ability to juggle multiple and competing priorities with the utmost professionalism and integrity
- Experience with an ATS m, preferably Greenhouse
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!