Away is seeking a Planning Manager to join our growing Planning & Allocation team. In this role, you will strategize and execute the methodology behind sales and inventory forecasting for our Luggage category, while overseeing granular, bottoms-up target setting. You will be responsible for driving several critical company KPIs, including inventory turns and in-stock rates. You’ll be instrumental in ensuring that we always have the right product at the right place, in the right quantities, at the right time. The ideal candidate will have planning and allocation experience at companies with complex retail and ecommerce models, be highly skilled in Excel, detail-oriented, analytical, and eager to iterate on and implement new processes.
This position will report to the Senior Manager of Planning and Allocation based out of our headquarters in SoHo, NYC.
What You'll Do:
- Strategize and execute forward-looking planning processes starting at the most granular luggage product level, rolling all the way up to company-wide forecasts to determine how much inventory the company needs
- Collaborate with the Allocation Manager to ensure that we are optimizing this inventory through best-in-class allocation strategies across a growing network of warehouses and retail locations
- Own several critical company KPIs, including inventory turns & in-stock rates (company-wide & by-warehouse/retail location)
- Collaborate cross functionally with Product Marketing, Finance, Retail, and Data teams to ensure a cohesive strategy where Away is always getting the right inventory to the right place at the right time for our customers
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to iterate and implement new processes and create ad hoc reporting as needed
- Partner with Senior Manager of Planning & Allocation to assist the Planning team with departmental goals and processes
Who You Are:
- 4-6 years experience in inventory planning and allocation roles that are both strategic and executional
- Strong written/oral communicator
- Experience working with a complex network of warehouses & retail stores
- Experience in a role that managed planning for both e-commerce & retail stores
- Comfortable and confident making decisions and recommendations grounded in data
- High level of proficiency with Excel including data manipulation/organization and modeling/forecasting
- Intellectually curious and a data-driven approach to planning strategy and execution
- Highly proactive identifier of improvement and optimization opportunities; every time you are introduced to an existing process, you immediately ask is this the single best way to do this for our goals?
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires continual multi-tasking and prioritization
- Experience with a business intelligence tool like Looker or Tableau preferred, but not required
- Love to travel (but that’s a given)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!