We believe that to be a great business, you have to be a good one too. We built Away to be a company that has a positive impact, from the products we make to the community we create. Together, we're making the world a better place for everyone.
Away is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Sustainability. Manager. This key leader will build and scale a global supply chain sustainability strategy and programs. The scope will include every step of our physical product process, from materials selection through recycling of product at the end of its lifecycle, and every step in between. We aim to leave as light a footprint as possible, while also enhancing the well being of the people and environments we work with. Reporting to the Vice President of Global Operations, this manager will be empowered and expected to define and bring to life Away’s global supply chain sustainability, working internally across teams, as well as externally with key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and self directed, with a demonstrated track record of working with manufacturers. Additional experience in a combination of public, private, and/or nonprofit organizations will also be helpful. Candidates should also be data-driven and have deep experience in measuring results, tracking and reporting progress against our clearly established goals. A network of contacts around the globe in sustainability and supply chain responsibility will be a valuable asset.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
Learn more about our existing work by visiting www.awaytravel.com/impact
What You'll Do:
- Define Away’s global supply chain sustainability strategy, goals, metrics, organizational needs, budget, and program roadmap
- Identify strategic opportunities to advance and grow Away’s global sustainability initiatives through program design, development, and implementation
- Cultivate relationships with external partners - particularly manufacturers - to develop programs that advance our social impact goals
- Partner with the leaders in each area of Away’s physical supply chain to understand the company’s goals, collaboratively build program support, and make sustainability and responsibility part of the fabric of what we do at Away
- Partner with and influence external parties in the Away supply chain to collaboratively build a shared vision, set goals, manage metrics, and hold parties accountable
- Track and report progress on budget and KPIs
Who You Are:
- 4-6 years of relevant professional experience in the supply chain sustainability
- Experience working with high-profile consumer brands and products
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, facilitation, and written)
- Capacity to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced organization as a solo producer, an eager collaborator, and an inspirational team leader
- Multiple languages are a plus, particularly Mandarin and/or Vietnamese
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to synthesize and summarize complex information clearly and concisely using data
- Passion for making a positive impact in the global supply chain
- Ability to travel internationally up to 40%
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!