We believe that to be a great business, you have to be a good one too. We built Away to be a company that has a positive impact, from the products we make to the community we create. Together, we're making the world a better place for everyone.
Away is looking for an experienced Social Impact Manager to support scaling and operationalizing Away’s rapidly growing Social Impact platform. This individual will be charged with maximizing existing efforts while helping to identify new opportunities for Away to be a force for good. Reporting into the Director of Social Impact and sitting on the Communications & Social Impact team, the Manager will help bring Away’s social impact strategy to life, working internally across teams, as well as externally with key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with a demonstrated track record of working with public, private, and nonprofit organizations. Interested candidates should have experience supporting strategic programs and projects, managing external partnerships, and working with multiple stakeholders on program design, development, and through to execution. Candidates should also be data-driven and have deep experience in measuring results, tracking and reporting progress against our clearly established goals.
Learn more about our existing work by visiting www.awaytravel.com/impact
What You'll Do:
- Support Away’s existing social impact initiatives
- Identify strategic opportunities to advance and grow Away’s social impact initiatives through program design, development, and implementation
- Work cross-functionally within the company to execute on various initiatives
- Source, evaluate, and cultivate relationships with external partners to develop programs that advance our social impact goals
- Help manage day-to-day operations of Away’s strategic investments including monitoring the implementation of grants and performing site visits to potential and current grantees/partners to evaluate effectiveness and performance of grant supported programs
- Partner with Director of Social Impact to support external messaging for Away’s social impact strategy, working closely with internal partners to further amplify our efforts (e.g. through media or speaking opportunities)
- Lead initiatives designed to give employees meaningful ways to engage with Away’s social impact
- Act as an internal consultant and champion to ensure that consideration of the social impact element of any given initiative is embedded into the decision-making process at all levels of the organization
- Track and report progress on budget and KPIs
Who You Are:
- 4-6 years of relevant professional experience in the social impact space; background in sustainability a plus
- Experience working with high-profile consumer brands and products a plus
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, facilitation, and written)
- Capacity to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced organization as both a solo producer and an eager collaborator
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to synthesize and summarize complex information clearly and concisely using data
- Passion for making a positive impact in our communities
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!