Away is seeking an enthusiastic and self-starting receptionist with front office management experience. This role is responsible for creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for our guests. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced environment and is passionate about making everyone who enters our office feel at home and taken care of. An ideal candidate is approachable, friendly, organized, and has a hard working “no task too small” attitude. This is a great early job for someone interested in startups and passionate about office culture and operations. You will report directly to our Office Manager in our People, Process & Culture team, and will be based at our HQ in Soho, NYC. As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for the position.
What You'll Do:
- Be the first point of contact for all visitors and represent the Away brand
- Create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests
- Receive and distribute all packages and mail
- Collaborate closely with the Office Manager to maintain and iterate on daily office operations
- Assist with supplies purchasing and inventory
- Maintain conference room calendars
- Develop, initiate, and implement an array of special projects to elevate the culture and improve the efficiency of our office
Who You Are:
- 1-2 years experience
- Organized and efficient with a high attention to detail
- Excellent guest/client service skills (front desk/reception or front-facing customer service experience)
- Reliable and punctual
- High level of responsibility and professionalism
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to anticipate guest needs and practice critical problem solving
- Can-do positive attitude
- Never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!