Away is seeking an Analyst to join our Global Operations team. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to make, move and deliver thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In this role, you will drive our efforts to measure, analyze, and provide insights into the performance of our global supply chain operations. The right candidate is passionate about developing a date-driven approach to operational excellence, and can work seamlessly across multiple functional teams.
This position is based out of our office in New York City and will report to our Vice President of Global Operations.
What you'll do:
- Design, implement and own our supply chain operations data infrastructure and systems
- Partner with our analytics & data engineering teams to ensure that our operations team members have the information needed to monitor, measure, and manage our global supply chain operations
- Collaborate with our operations, analytics, customer experience, and other teams to ensure that our data informs strategic decision making across the organization
- Work jointly with our Analytics, Planning, and Fulfillment teams to optimize processes regarding supply chain, shipments, deliveries and customizations
- Create, implement, and continuously improve scorecards that provide meaningful and actionable insights into each node of our supply chain, allowing Away operators and our supply chain partners to have real-time, fact-based conversations that lead to improved business health
- Proactively implement processes and tools to improve the operational effectiveness of the global supply chain operations organization
- Quickly turn views and analytics in response to new business opportunities and developments
- Partner closely with finance and data teams to track and report on every dollar Away spends in operations, creating and sharing insights with operations and finance teams
- Translate complex math into easy-to-understand, visually-engaging, and actionable insights
Who you are:
- You have 1-3 years professional experience in a highly analytical role such as business intelligence/analytics
- You have an understanding and strong interest in all aspects of supply chain operations in the context of a direct-to-consumer business
- Financially literate, understanding every aspect of a P&L in the context of a direct to consumer products company
- You tell stories with data
- You have experience turning abstract problems into actionable solutions and enjoy implementing new data-driven processes
- You are well versed in international supply chain operations, and curious to know more
- A problem-solver, and puzzle-completer
- You are intellectually curious and identify areas of analysis that have potential to add business value
- You have strong Excel modeling skills
- Experience with SQL preferred, but not required
- Experience in Looker, Tableau, or other business intelligence tools preferred, but not required
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You love to travel (but that’s a given)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!