Away is seeking a People Partner to join our People Operations team. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, the ideal candidate will have had experience in employee relations, coaching & development, and organizational development. We are looking for someone that has the ability to zoom out and keep strategic focus on scaling for growth and retention and eventually build out a team to support those that growth. You will work closely with the broader People, Process and Culture team and report into the Director of People Operations. This position will be based in our Soho, NY office.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Have a deep understanding of the business and be a thought leader on people and organizational topics within your dedicated team.
- Partner with your business leaders to develop People team initiatives focusing on staffing, retention, engagement, recognition and talent management.
- Partner with Learning & Development to develop manager and team trainings focused on development, culture and career progression.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition and FP&A team on strategic headcount planning, identifying critical roles and succession planning.
- Collaborate with the HRBP team to accelerate a culture of innovation and development while providing employees and managers the tools they need to be successful.
- Coach your business leaders on employee relations matters including performance management, feedback and career pathing.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of progressively more HR or relevant experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong leadership, change management and facilitation skills.
- Has had experience building out a new team, or managing an existing one
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to
- do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!