THIS JOB REQUIRES UK/EU WORK AUTHORISATION
Away is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to aid our local marketing efforts as we gear our presence in the UK market and enter the rest of Europe. This person will be at the forefront of building a global travel brand.
The Marketing Coordinator will support the Marketing Manager, UK in increasing brand awareness and growing the local community via events, experiential, retail programming and partnerships. The Marketing Coordinator will also support the broader European team on wider pan-European brand activities to further brand awareness across the continent.
This role will report into the acting General Manager, Europe and will be based out of London, UK with occasional travel to our HQ in New York City. (~1-2x/year).
What you will do:
- Help organise and execute local London in-store events as well as broader European brand activations with the goal of building the Away community in London and beyond
- Be responsible for all aspects of end-to-end event/brand activation delivery. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Reaching out to and securing partners (covering catering, gifting, staffing etc.)
- Briefing the London and NYC cross-functional teams
- Keeping on top of set budgets
- Managing and negotiating with vendors
- Helping with event setup, promotion, management and breakdown
- Work closely with Away teams (both in the UK & the US) and external partners to ensure the process of delivering an event or activation runs smoothly and gather/share learnings for us to iterate our approach as we go
- Manage day-to-day ad-hoc marketing tasks (e.g. translation agencies, community listening and building, outreach to potential partners such as hotels concierges, ...)
- Support the regional and global marketing teams on making sure our global brand campaigns are deployed successfully in the local market and make sense in every cultural context
- Be the eyes and ears of the UK customer and an on-the-ground ambassador for Away in the UK and beyond
You should have:
- 1-3 years of work experience in marketing, events, production or PR and have worked in and lived in the UK for at least two years
- Great project management and organisational skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a can-do attitude
- An understanding of Away, with a passion for what we stand for as a brand
- A good knowledge of up-and-coming brands in London
- Work authorisation in the UK/EU
Who you are:
- You’re hyper organised and reliable
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment. You LOVE multi-tasking
- You’re a proactive problem-solver
- You’re a strong written/oral communicator
- You love to get your hands dirty and have a low ego! No task is too small for you
- You’re passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have 5 weeks a year to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer pension plan contribution, health care and dental packages, and a great work environment in Moorgate, Central London.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups and our growing team in the UK, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more...
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!