The Facilities Construction Project Manager is an integral member within the Facilities team. The Facilities CPM will support (and lead certain aspects of) the continuous improvement projects for existing facilities, as well as participate in the development of new physical workspaces; from design development through the creation of RFx, permitting, construction and project closeout for offices/facilities at Away -- to ensure our office space supports employee productivity and fosters community and wellness across our talented and dedicated team. The ideal candidate has experience working with engineers, designers, architects, contractors and other vendors and has participated in the development of workspaces in prior roles. This person is excited to develop scalable processes to support the continued growth of Away in 2019 and beyond. This person will support the creation of the timeline, budget, and successful build out of corporate projects/workspaces in a variety of geographic locations.
The role reports to Away’s Director of Facilities and is located at our headquarters in SoHo, New York City.
What You'll Do:
- Manage various construction and fabrication projects for HQ expansion and Non-Retail related projects
- Manage project build outs from design development through turnover, closely collaborating with the Director of Facilities, key-stakeholders, architects, landlords and contractors
- Collaborate with internal teams including Legal, Real Estate, Finance, IT, Operations, etc. to ensure spaces are designed to fit each user operational and programming needs, equipping each site with what they need to provide a distinctly Away experience. Liaise with local internal teams to ensure each site developed is successfully designed toward all functions located within
- Review architectural plans, shop drawings, lighting proposals, and other documentation as needed
- Perform due diligence to assist other Away teams, when necessary, on location finding with respect to base building conditions, layouts, dimensions, and engineering requirements in advance of lease finalization and signing
- Align with the Director of Facilities in strengthening design-budget standards across regions and facility-type.
- Prepare bid lists and packages for General Contractors, perform bid analysis and award contracts
Who You Are:
- 5-7 years of experience in construction project management, including several years working directly within workspace ideation, construction and build out
- You have experience delivering projects on time and within budget, and you’ve worked with contractors, vendors and architects to build out office spaces
- Experience with excel and creating and managing budgets and timelines
- Comfortable reviewing architectural plans and designs; experience with 3D design programs a plus!
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Extremely organized and able to manage multiple projects and timelines and many internal stakeholders and external vendors simultaneously
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!