Away is seeking a performance marketing manager to join our team at our London HQ. This role will build Away’s Offline and Broadcast Media channel portfolio in Europe, with a focus on the UK, Germany, and the Nordics.
The Acquisition Marketing team is an iterative, performance-driven squad of marketers. We manage Away’s paid media budget in order to grow our customer base quickly, efficiently, and sustainably. The right candidate is excited to join a fast-paced team, eager to learn, and hungry to help grow Away’s brand in Europe.
This role is based out of our offices in Central London and will work closely with our NYC-based Acquisition Marketing team as well as with our European leadership and marketing leads. There will be limited travel (~2-3x/year) to our global HQ in New York City.
What you'll do:
- Build and grow a world-class Offline & Broadcast Media program in the UK, Germany, and the Nordics, including TV/OTT, Audio, Direct Mail, Out Of Home (OOH) and more.
- Define and build the marketing infrastructure necessary for channel execution in each country, including dligencing and onboarding the right mix of agency partners.
- Develop the test roadmap for your channels in each country in partnership with our Head of Offline & Broadcast Media, prioritising and executing tests that maximise learnings and overall impact in support of the European P&L, while balancing risks and long-term scalability.
- Execute media buys and drive channel strategy, coordinating with agency partners to support evergreen and campaign-specific initiatives.
- Partner with local marketing leads and global teams at HQ, including Brand Marketing, Growth Marketing, and Creative to help amplify global campaigns in your respective countries.
- Make strategic recommendations about where to reallocate investment across channels in our marketing mix and tactics to optimise channel performance in coordination with global and Europe Growth Marketing teams.
- Evaluate inbound paid opportunities for fit against strategic goals and performance criteria, and executing against initiatives where the business case is strong.
- Help define the playbook for international growth processes and communications as well as internal best practices for offline channels in Europe.
Who you are:
- You have at least 4 years of directly relevant experience with TV and at least one other offline marketing channel in Europe.
- You are comfortable working independently through uncertainty, managing risk, and making data-driven decisions. You don’t settle for the status quo and have a bias towards finding a better, more efficient way of doing things.
- You have a strong understanding of the media landscape and media consumption behaviors in each of the countries within your scope. You are curious and constantly learning about new trends.
- You are an expert in Excel and are comfortable creating models and performing data analysis and visualisation. You’re familiar with Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics, and likely have had exposure to other data visualisation tools, such as Looker and Tableau.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills and are comfortable working across borders, time zones, and cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a low ego. You love to roll up your sleeves to make things happen. You are excited to join a small (but mighty) team bringing the Away brand to Europe
- You love to travel (but that’s a given).
You’ll Love Working At Away Because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have five (5) weeks a year to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer pension plan contribution, health and dental insurance as well as a great work environment in Moorgate, Central London.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company is growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups and our growing team in the UK, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!