As an Assistant Store Manager at Away, you will play an integral role in laying the foundation of our retail business. You will be responsible for all aspects of the store’s operations and importantly, of the store’s success. A strong foundation of store management and people management experience is essential! You’ll focus primarily on building and growing a team of exceptional retail associates, on ensuring the store hits performance goals, and on delivering the highest level of customer experience.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure your team is providing top-notch customer service to every person, every time.
- Communicate Away’s values and brand philosophy to customers and team members alike
- Develop, execute, and continuously improve all operational activities to make sure the store hits financial expectations and exceeds customer expectations
- Work cross-functionally to ensure the store is a hit! Work across the aisle with marketing, CX, creative, and HQ partners to make sure we create exemplary retail experiences
- Hire, retain and develop your team of retail associates, growing them into our next generation of retail leaders
- Oversee daily staffing, inventory management, and visual standards. Oversee all front of house and back of house procedures to keep the store’s engine efficiently running.
- Help execute any in-store marketing or programming events by liasoning with HQ team members
Who you are:
- Must have a deep understanding of elevated customer experience
- Top performer with the track record to prove it
- 2-3 years of managerial experience; preferably at a customer-centric retailer or company
- Fastidious attention to detail; strong business acumen and an entrepreneurial disposition.
- Has a passion for people development and a knack for motivation
- A team player that is comfortable providing feedback, innovating, and getting their hands dirty
- Loves to travel!
- Experience working at a start-up or fast-growing company or retailer
- Experience building a team from the ground up
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!