Away is a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Treasury Director to build the Treasury function and ensure our cash management and investment strategy supports our fast-growing company. You will work cross-functionally with Finance, Accounting, Legal, Tax and IT to scale the Treasury infrastructure while still responding timely and diligently to daily needs.
You will be responsible for the company’s banking relationships and global cash positions, ensuring we are controlling our cash and making it work harder to fuel capital and operating expenditures. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has owned or operated within the Treasury function of a high-growth multinational company with significant global cash positions. You should be able to see the big picture and drive top-level strategy, while also being happy to roll up your sleeves and get in the weeds of the daily treasury processes. You will eventually report directly to the CFO; in the interim you will partner with the Controller and the Senior Finance Director. The position is based in our headquarters in Soho, NYC.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You’ll Do
- Act as the strategic and tactical owner of the company’s capital structure, investment policies and activities, and debt management to ensure the most efficient use of the company’s cash positions or borrowed funds
- Manage the cash flow and cash burn reporting, including providing timely, comprehensive cash burn analysis to senior leadership and maintaining the cash flow statement at month end
- Oversee the existing debt relationship with the bank, including conducting borrowing activities, monitoring compliance with debt covenants, coordinating the monthly compliance certificate submission, and minimizing costs
- Assess the products, services, technologies and systems that are available and appropriate for treasury departments, and implement new processes or tools as necessary
- Drive the evolution and maintenance of our global bank account structure, including administering the banking applications and online portals for all global bank accounts
- Own the controls to safeguard our cash and to prevent and detect misappropriation of assets
- Oversee daily cash management and treasury functions, including monitoring balances, performing cash reconciliations, and executing balance transfers
- Be the finance business owner of our global payment processors, ensuring the most cost effective rates and settlement structure and maintaining links with our bank accounts
- Develop and execute the strategy over fx management and hedging
- Develop a treasury budget including cash forecasts and interest income forecast, and work closely with FP&A to assist with modeling financial statements
- Coordinate the monthly settlement of intercompany balances, including executing all wire transfers
Who You Are
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- 8-10 years of progressive treasury or finance experience including at least 5 years of experience directly relevant to the job description
- Proven history in effectively managing cash flows
- Deep understanding of internal control within treasury and investment processes
- A self-starter who can take ownership of initiatives, with the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to translate technical details clearly and effectively to internal and external audiences at all levels
- Ability and desire to develop and implement innovative solutions to complex business and technical issues
- Strong technology skills including advanced excel
- Certified Cash Manager or Certified Treasury Professional are a plus
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!