Away is seeking a Product Marketing & Strategy Extern to join our Product Marketing team. The extern will help identify new product opportunities, develop concepts and positionings for new product launches, and conduct research on competitors and market trends. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless.
This role is an opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping our product innovation and launch strategy. As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Support Director in developing product concept and positioning for new product launches. Work with cross-functional partners including Design, Product Development, and Packaging Development to bring to life
- Conduct research on competitive landscape, market trends, and consumer needs to identify and size global product opportunities
- Map existing product portfolio and analyze our penetration, assortment, and positioning in categories vs. competitors
- Work with Director and with Data team to identify and track key Product Marketing KPIs
- Support business-wide special projects and perform ad-hoc business analysis as needed.
Who You Are:
- Have 2-4 years experience in a data-driven strategy or marketing role
- A relentless problem solver and exceptional communicator
- Able to give structure to complex, ambiguous questions
- A self-starter who thrives with minimal oversight
- A true team player who enjoys collaborating with others
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude. Willing to put in the time necessary for success and ensure deliverables are met
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!