Away is seeking a Director of Global Logistics to join our Global Operations team. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, the ideal candidate will have deep experience in physical product warehousing and fulfillment. Your experience will include inbound & outbound transportation, warehousing, and fulfillment. You will work closely with internal and external operations and supply chain teams. You will report to the Vice President of Global Operations and this position will be based in our New York City headquarters.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure Away has the optimal mix of fulfillment options to service e-commerce, our retail operations, and other partnerships. This will include our global third-party logistics network. Partner with brand, product, and operations teams to ensure Away has the right product, in the right place, at the right time.
- From the moment an idea for a product is raised, you and your team will prepare the most cost-efficient, speed-oriented, and service-enhancing transportation and fulfillment experience.
- Manage inbound transportation, always seeking the best service for the situation. You will ensure the products are received by our warehouse network in the most accurate and efficient possible way, and that the inventory matches every step of the way.
- Ensure the fulfillment of orders is at the highest possible service level, at the fastest possible speed. You do all of this on-brand, from start to finish.
- Manage outbound shipping services to our end customers and to our branded retail locations.
- Manage relationships with third-parties that provide transportation, warehousing, fulfillment, order management, and other logistics-related services.
- Lead RFP processes, conduct analysis, and recommend solutions for every node in the value chain from x-factory through delivery, inclusive of returns, repairs and recycling.
- Spearhead implementation of any updates to our fulfillment network, ensuring seamless and value-add integration.
- Continuously improve the speed, reliability, sustainability, and cost of our supply chain.
- Create data-driven scorecards that measure key performance indicators at each node in the supply chain.
- Play an active leadership role in Away’s technology roadmap, including ERP implementation, WMS, and other technology implementations.
- Attract, retain, and thoughtfully mentor a team.
Who You Are:
- An expert in logistics, including transportation, warehousing, and fulfillment, with at least 10 years relevant experience.
- A thoughtful people leader with at least 5 years leading teams.
- Metrics-oriented, knowing what to measure and how. You draw insights from data to understand where performance is strong and where there are opportunities to improve.
- You set the bar high; you set time bound and action-oriented goals that are a stretch, yet achievable, for yourself, your team, and our vendor network.
- You follow through on your commitments.
- An enthusiast and evangelist of the value that a smooth-running operations network can add to a world-class brand.
- Calm under pressure.
- You have a broad network of contacts and are well educated in top class vendors.
- Comfortable in a variety of global and cultural settings.
- You seek and embrace diversity.
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!