Away is seeking a seasoned product manager to help us transform how customers explore and shop for travel. The right candidate will combine analytics data with customer obsessed design to craft delightful digital experiences.
This role will report to the VP of Engineering, and is based in our Soho, New York headquarters.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to product strategy and vision, roadmaps, prioritization, and drive product development from conceptualization, design, development, to launch
- Maintain the product backlog, including gathering requirements, writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Work in conjunction with Engineering, UX, Creative, and Web Production teams to continually create engaging user experiences
- Balance customer and business needs, while remaining flexible in a fast-changing environment
- Analyze user behavior via data/analytics and identify opportunities for conversion improvement
- Develop hypotheses for A/B testing and optimizing our shopping experience
- Take quantitative and qualitative data to inform product decision making
- Think strategically for long-term impact while understanding and taking into account business and technical constraints
- Lead the ideation, research, design, development and launch of user-centric products—including execution of our brand campaigns
- Define and track metrics to assess success and failure of products, while ensuring the team and stakeholders are aligned on goals.
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis of other sites, apps, and products to continually identify ways to improve our user experience
Who you are:
- Be a people person; adept at reading people and empathizing with our users
- Be nimble and flexible; happy to work with a range of timelines and pivot when things don’t go as planned
- A storyteller that can present a compelling narrative
- Can communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- 5+ years of professional product management experience
- 2+ years of experience in consumer facing e-commerce products
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Familiar with analytics tools and how to use them to surface valuable insights
- Experience working on projects with operational dependencies
- Experience with launching digital experiences that are visually creative and most of all fun
- Experience with e-commerce platforms, such as Solidus, Spree, Shopify, or Magento
- Experience with content platforms, such as Contentful or Prismic
- Experience with HTML, CSS, JIRA, Sketch, InVision, or Zeplin
- Experience with working at a startup
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to
- do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!