We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our Digital Product team.
Our Digital Product team crafts seamless digital experiences that educate, connect, and inspire a community of travelers. We immerse ourselves in the behaviors of our customers, users, and business teams to create experiences that not only meet their needs, but also push boundaries digitally.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will combine data analytics with customer obsessed design to craft delightful digital experiences. You will report into our VP of Engineering and this position will be based in our SoHo office.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to product strategy and vision, roadmaps, prioritization, and drive product development from conceptualization, design, development, to launch
- Maintain the product backlog, including gathering requirements, writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Balance customer and business needs, while remaining flexible in a fast-changing environment
- Analyze user behavior via data/analytics and identify opportunities for conversion improvement
- Develop hypotheses for A/B testing and optimizing our shopping experience
- Take quantitative and qualitative data to inform product decision making
- Think strategically for long-term impact while understanding and taking into account business and technical constraints
- Lead the ideation, research, design, development and launch of user-centric products—including execution of our brand campaigns
- Define and track metrics to assess success and failure of products, while ensuring the team and stakeholders are aligned on goals
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis of other sites, apps, and products to continually identify ways to improve our user experience
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of professional product management experience
- 2+ years of experience in consumer facing e-commerce products
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with e-commerce and content platforms
- Experience with HTML, CSS, JIRA, Sketch, InVision, or Zeplin
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey and Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online and through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up and offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage and travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” and one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies”. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London and Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.