Away is seeking a Community Assistant to join our Brand Marketing team to represent the Away brand by providing best-in-class support and managing relationships through our social media platforms. The ideal candidate will have a passion for customer experience and insights, the startup world, and all things social media. This role is based in our HQ in SoHo, NYC.
What you’ll do:
- Act as the voice of the Away brand on the front lines with customers and fans by responding to every Tweet, DM, Instagram comment, and beyond!
- Engage with our active community encouraging online and offline connections between the brand and brand advocates
- Manage and build long lasting customer and fan relationships efficiently and effectively
- Deliver awe-inspiring customer service on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube and other social platforms
- Capture consumer insights and work across marketing, tech, design, and product teams to improve the overall consumer experience
- Think creatively about ways in which we can optimize each individual’s experience
- Actively engage with travel community across platforms
- Maintain an awareness of what’s going on in the online social space, with a special focus in travel
Who you are:
- Have 0-1 years experience working in a professional environment
- Passionate about customer experience and fostering community
- Natural conversationalist who enjoys interacting with our fans
- Familiar with all social platforms
- Smart and organized
- Friendly and patient
- Hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
- Eager to learn and take on new and varied responsibilities
- Must be available to work rotating weekends
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!