Away is looking for a seasoned acquisition or performance marketer to lead our global Acquisition Marketing program.
The Acquisition team’s mission is to accelerate growth by finding and converting new customers quickly, efficiently, and scalably. In this role, you will lead the acquisition team’s strategic planning, oversee daily execution across our portfolio of channels, drive our experimentation and capabilities roadmap, and direct the team’s time and resources against evolving priorities. The ideal candidate will have prior experience as an expert-level channel operator on several channels, and with building and developing teams in a fast-paced environment.
As a seasoned leader, you will be a thought partner to senior members across our marketing team, helping us build and rapidly scale one of the most beloved and trusted travel brands in the world. This role reports to our VP, Growth Marketing and is based out of our SoHo headquarters in New York City.
Some of what you’ll do:
- Lead vision, strategy, and results for our global Acquisition Marketing program, encompassing all paid online and offline marketing channels that drive net new customers and result in revenue growth across our e-commerce and brick and mortar businesses.
- Deliver on revenue and marketing efficiency targets on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis by constructing a robust and resilient portfolio of paid Acquisition Marketing channels.
- Play a key role in evolving, defining, and driving our paid media KPIs, analytical systems, and business processes as we scale, creating an accountable team culture that balances risk. management and cost controls with speed to market and groundbreaking marketing innovation.
- Build, mentor, and manage your team, including experienced channel leads who directly report to you, as well as all members of the Acquisition team who roll up into you.
- Develop and drive adoption of methodical and rigorous experimentation frameworks that result in significant learnings, ultimately increasing topline revenue and efficiency.
- Become an effective ambassador and partner to cross-functional partners in other departments, especially our Brand Marketing, Creative, and Digital teams. Circulate our latest learnings and help other functions understand how decision tradeoffs impact revenue and marketing spend efficiency.
- Drive our budget allocation processes, in partnership with other leaders across the company (including Marketing, Creative, Finance, Data, our CEO, Chief Brand Officer, and others) to balance short-term financial goals with long-term investment as we build a global customer base.
- Partner with our Heads of Retention Marketing and Data & Analytics to ensure our customer cohorts remain high quality after acquisition, supporting the long-term health of our Retention, Loyalty, and Advocacy programs.
- Partner with our Brand Marketing and Creative teams on development of strategic campaign direction and creative assets to achieve our goals and drive ROI.
- Uncover new opportunities to acquire customers efficiently and at scale through well-developed relationships with core channel partners, media agencies, and your existing network of contacts.
This role may be a fit for you if:
- You have at least 8 years of experience in acquisition marketing, direct response advertising, and/or paid performance media, preferably at a high-growth consumer brand managing multi-million dollar budgets.
- You have significant channel experience across the entire modern marketing mix, including deep expertise in both online and offline performance marketing channels, and you’ll draw from that experience in your leadership role here.
- You have had a demonstrated impact on revenue and the growth trajectory of a high-growth business due to a combination of your team building and mentorship ability, as well as the innovative ideas you have contributed or otherwise helped foster.
- You are a true servant leader who believes developing skills in the team members you lead is of the utmost importance.
- You have a comprehensive working knowledge of marketing attribution methodologies, their limitations, the relative advantages and disadvantages of each, and the ways in which most models are commonly imprecise or otherwise incomplete when evaluating performance.
- You are both analytical and creative, able to evaluate the efficacy of a campaign based on business results, but also intuitive enough to see the opportunities presented by a big creative idea or concept.
- You are resourceful and gritty, constantly questioning the current status quo and relentless solving problems in order to drive continuous improvement.
- You add to our company culture and embody our core values of being thoughtful, iterative, empowered, customer-obsessed, in it together, and accessible.
- You love to travel (but that's a given)!
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to
- do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!