Away is seeking a Product Marketing Manager to join our Product Marketing team. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, the ideal candidate will have had experience in innovating products that create new business opportunities and owning end-to-end new physical product launches from concept to launch. You will work closely with Product Development, Product Design, Merchandising, Creative, Brand Marketing, Growth Marketing, Planning and Production. This position will be based out of our headquarters in SoHo, New York City and report to the Director of Product Marketing.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Support Director in developing Away’s overall product strategy and roadmap, identifying new product ideas based on new technologies, market & consumer trends, competitive activity, product gaps, and consumer pain points.
- Own end-to-end new product launches from insight to launch, on time and in keeping with overall business objectives. Drive alignment across cross-functional partners. Identify and resolve roadblocks, pivot and drive mid-program shifts as needed.
- Lead development of product concept and positioning for new product launches. Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners to ensure all elements of launch are in line with product launch strategy. Launch elements include but are not limited to: pricing, forecasts, go-to-market strategy, creative assets, and the unboxing experience.
- Drive competitive analysis to inform product launch strategy. Stay abreast of market and consumer trends, global and local, with particular attention to luggage, soft goods, and travel categories.
- Manage existing product portfolio, identifying and executing optimizations on existing products. Consistently monitor performance of new launches and provide actionable recommendations to improve future launches.
- Support business-wide special projects and perform ad-hoc business analysis as needed.
Who You Are:
- Have 5+ years of business experience. Product marketing, product management or brand management with physical products required. Management consulting background a plus
- Proven ability to take product launch from insights to launch, embracing both big picture objectives and following through on details. Understands role of different functions (e.g. product development, packaging design, creative) and their effect on product marketability
- Strong relationship builder with ability to work cross-functionally (as well as up, down and across the organization) to champion product launch
- Strategic and detail-oriented—able to take a 10,000 foot view and synthesize insights to drive business decisions, but also able to be precise with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and presentation skills
- Customer obsessed—you understand our customers and how to connect with them through the lens of an external source
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude. Willing to put in the time necessary for success and ensure deliverables are met
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!