Away is seeking a Senior Manager, Loyalty Programs to join our Retention Marketing team. In this role you will lead our efforts to create a best-in-class membership program that drives customer engagement, advocacy and retention. The right person for this role is a strategically-oriented individual with strong communication skills, a passion for driving customer lifetime value, and can work independently in a fast paced environment. The role will require collaboration across multiple cross-functional teams including Growth and Brand Marketing, Creative/UX, Finance, Data & Analytics, Fulfillment, Digital Product and Partnerships. This position is based out of our headquarters in SoHo, New York City and reports to the Director of Retention Marketing.
What you'll do:
- Lead the strategy, development, and implementation of our membership program operating as the main business owner
- Set the vision for bringing the program to life representing both our customers and our brand
- Own all communication and project management surrounding the program
- Overseeing the cross-functional execution of project milestones while maintaining the project timeline
- Support the development of loyalty program initiatives with robust research and analysis around our customer behaviors
- Drive increased opt-ins by continuously evaluating the program and the benefits that are resonating with our customers and supporting changes with market research and analysis
- Develop a prioritized roadmap of benefits, services and rewards to test through the expansion of the program continuing to build on performance and learnings
- Regularly analyze and report on the program performance and its key financial metrics to provide recommendations for improvement and testing
- Work alongside FP&A to oversee and report on the program P&L, modeling, and forecasting
Who you are:
- You have 6+ years of experience in a Loyalty or Membership related role
- You are able to operate with a high degree of autonomy. You know how to roll up your sleeves and tackle any challenges that arise.
- You have a track record of influencing strategy and collaborating successfully with stakeholders across an organization
- You know how to bring people in to align with vision and goals; you create an environment of collaboration with a unified focus to deliver outcomes and resolve ambiguity
- You have a strong bias for action and are proactive by nature
- You are an excellent communicator and understand that project management is a key component
- You use both quantitative and qualitative data sources to drive decisions and successfully generate results
- You know how to identify and mitigate risks–you can escalate and communicate any challenges with proposed solutions
- You have a growth mindset–test and learn, test and learn could be your personal mantra
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to go deep on numbers and pull out relevant key insights
- You’re highly organized and can seamlessly manage multiple conversations and timelines
- You love to travel (but that's a given)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!