This is a full-time role to manage audience development for Away’s Media Division, which includes a print and digital magazine called Here. Here launched in 2017 as a direct response to Away customers reaching out for travel recommendations. Our mission is to build the most trusted media destination for travelers.
The Audience Development Manager, Here will spearhead audience growth across web, social and email for Away’s media property, Here. This role will be instrumental in helping to shape our distribution, product and content strategy, and will own performance tracking and reporting across platforms. This person must understand how Here’s target audience consumes content across a variety of platforms, and help develop a strategy to identify and develop that audience across our digital channels.
We are seeking a data driven candidate with a strong analytical background. Must have experience collaborating with editorial teams to optimize content performance through regular reporting and communication. The position reports directly to the Head of Media, and will lead execution of a variety of growth tactics (a/b testing, SEO optimization, paid acquisition).
- Collaborate with Head of Media to develop and evolve audience growth strategy for Here across all digital platforms
- Manage reporting process for internal stakeholders, and own KPIs, metrics and models for growth
- Lead and execute Here email subscriber acquisition and retention programs (paid and organic) to drive growth and engagement
- Manage Here’s Associate Manager of Social Media, and work with the editorial team to inform creation of shareable content to grow engaged followers across social platforms;
- Work with Away’s social media team to identify best practices and deliver real-time insights to the Here social and editorial staff
- Manage budget, placement and analysis of all paid channels for audience development and branded content campaigns
- Utilize audience data to inform digital product decisions that will drive KPIs
- Lead analytical projects designed to understand the key behaviors that drive cross-platform audience acquisition, engagement, and long-term retention
- 5+ years of experience in audience development at a media company
- Demonstrated track record of developing and retaining quality audiences across multiple digital channels
- Strong understanding of how to interpret paid media performance, audience retention, content value and remarketing efforts
- Proven ability as a self-starter who can develop and lead impactful projects;
- Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, balance priorities, and work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in Google Analytics and similar web reporting tools
You’ll Love Working at Away Because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!