Away is looking for an Executive Associate to our VP, International. The ideal candidate will manage his schedule and travel, provide administrative support, and execute special projects. You will maximize productivity for the VP, International and senior leaders in Europe, Australia, and Asia, enabling them to drive the most value for the business. In addition to being highly organized, you’ll thrive in this role if you’re an incredible communicator.
This role is based out of our headquarters in Soho, New York City.
What You’ll Do:
- Anticipate the needs of the VP, International before, during, and after each workday, given the global nature of the International business
- Schedule, monitor, and prioritize day-to-day incoming communication and requests for the VP’s time
- Ensure the VP is kept on schedule and on time for meetings, calls, and interviews on a day-to-day basis
- Manage the VP’s calendar to ensure a productive and positive workflow to the day's activities, with a focus on seamless coordination with employees and partners based in London, Hong Kong, or Sydney
- Book flight, hotel, and dining reservations and complete necessary travel-related paperwork in support of the VP and other team members’ travel plans
- Resolve expenses on a monthly basis
- Facilitate planning for offsites and external meetings, in conjunction with the Director of International Strategy and Operations
- Work on ad hoc special projects as needs arise
- Stay up-to-date on company and department priorities and keep your finger on the pulse of the organization’s needs
- Exhibit excellent, professional written and verbal communication skills to interact with co-founders’ and other executives’ support teams, company leadership and employees at all levels as well as external partners, including ones located abroad
You Should Have:
- Have at least 1-2 years of full-time experience as an Executive Associate or in a similar role providing administrative support to a senior executive
- Heavy calendar and meeting planning experience required
- Demonstrate ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and successfully
- Emotionally intelligent and excited by supporting others
- Excellent Mac skills & superior proficiency in Google Calendar
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Possesses strong project management skills; one who thinks ahead and anticipates needs—you’re never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking “how can we do this better?”
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and energetic environment
- Business fluency in Mandarin Chinese preferred
- You love to travel (but that’s a given)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!