Away is seeking a Senior Marketing Manager to work on the expansion of Away and lead our local marketing efforts in Germany and the Nordics and help establish Away as a global travel brand.
You’ll be working closely with several teams based in the US and London, including marketing (brand strategy, social, influencers, acquisition and retention), creative, retail, data, PR, and operations to drive growth, develop the local roadmap and define key success metrics to assess the impact of our efforts. The role requires an individual that can think strategically but also roll his/her sleeves to execute tactically, especially at the beginning, as we ramp up our efforts.
This role will report into the Head of Europe and will be based out of our regional HQ in London with some travel to our global HQ in NYC (~2x/year) as well as regular travel to Germany and the Nordics.
What you will do:
- You will combine creativity and an analytical mindset to translate our global strategy to a local context
- You will assess and execute local brand activations to grow brand awareness in Germany and the Nordics (across events, experiential, content/influencers, local partnerships), leveraging global and local cultural moments - you will help contextualise Away to every country in your geographic scope
- You’ll share your local expertise with our growth and brand marketing teams at HQ and London to deploy successful and relevant paid and organic marketing strategies
- You will work with key stakeholders in both HQ and London offices to develop a roadmap for our local marketing efforts in Germany and the Nordics
- You will work hand-in-hand with the Marketing Manager, UK to develop processes and consistent solutions across markets.
- You will help establish the right KPIs to track success and constantly evaluate how we can iterate and optimise to achieve our goals
- You’ll manage the daily and long term needs of the business. No project is too big or too small for you to handle – you are able to get your hands dirty and jump into execution
You should have:
- 6-8 years of work experience in marketing (e.g. brand, digital, e-commerce) and are living or have lived in Germany in the past (anywhere in the Nordics is a plus, too!)
- An understanding of Away and our marketing efforts to date, with a passion for what we stand for as a brand
- Experience working in a brand-led consumer venture and building initial brand awareness in a new market
- A solid understanding or first-hand experience of performance marketing tools and e-commerce key performance indicators
- Prior experience managing teams or mentoring / laterally managing preferred
- Germany fluency a must. Fluency in any other European language besides English (e.g., Danish, Swedish, French) a plus
- Work authorisation in the UK/EU
Who you are:
- You’re thoughtful and strategic. You think fast, but you think deeply about the implications of what you’re working on. You use a mixture of gut, past experiences, learnings from others and numbers to make decisions
- You know your market(s). You’re knowledgeable about market trends, customer obsessed, what resonates and get excited about what’s new, and up and coming
- You are a relationship builder – you are able to consider and make sense of differing viewpoints to create consensus around you
- You understand the nuances of a place quickly. You love to travel – and most importantly, you’re able to pick up cultural cues, absorb and insights on a place instinctively
- You like to and actively seek to learn and develop in your personal and professional life
- You are relentless and entrepreneurial – you feel comfortable with ambiguity and like to make things happen
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have five (5) weeks a year to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer pension plan contribution and a great work environment_
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs._
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups and our growing team in the UK, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work._
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here._
- And so much more...
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!