We’re looking for a strategic and impactful Director of Creative Services to oversee creative execution in our international markets. The ideal candidate is highly experienced in global creative strategy, and understands how to localize marketing initiatives to maximize resonance while also balancing global brand positioning and efficiency. You will work closely with various internal key stakeholders across Creative, Brand, Growth, International and more, while also managing external localization partners and teams.
This role reports directly to our VP of Creative Strategy and will work from our headquarters in SoHo, NY.
What you’ll do:
- In partnership with the International team and external partners, drive, develop and maintain global creative localization strategy for current and future international markets—ensuring the Away brand resonates while also identifying opportunities for efficiency.
- Develop and deep understanding of each local market—keeping a pulse on local nuances, creative considerations and opportunities for innovation and engagement.
- Lead the day-to-day management of all international creative initiatives from concept to execution—including localization of 360 integrated marketing campaigns and unique asset creation.
- Act as the key point of contact on the Creative team for international creative needs while ensuring effective cross-functional communication with teams throughout the company—such as Brand, Growth, Digital Product, Product Development, PR and more.
- Work closely with US Creative Services and Brand team to ensure international creative initiatives strategically align to global brand positioning, answer the project brief, and are organized and on-time—while proactively troubleshooting any issues.
- Partner with Production on localized execution and budget management to help facilitate the best work within the outlined costs—knowing when to spend and when to save.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of channel level performance KPIs and local channel nuances to ensure creative consistently delivers on strategic objectives while always looking for ways to iterate and improve.
- Manage agency partners and vendors in global markets, working closely with the Director of International in selection of the best strategic partners to bring our brand and creative vision to life.
- Build out the International Creative Services team as needed to scale with the growth of the business—owning hiring/onboarding, management and mentorship of top-tier talent.
Who you are:
- 8-12 years experience in international creative or account management—either at a creative agency or brand
- Deeply familiar with the creative process and multi-channel execution, and are able to lead the team from ideation through to completion
- Are on top of international marketing trends and news on culturally-relevant brands to help guide and shape future creative innovation and strategies
- Customer-obsessed—you understand our customer and how to speak to them at every point of the marketing funnel
- A leader who has managed creative teams or agencies—someone who people want to learn from, work with, and are inspired by
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented—able to manage multiple moving pieces and retain a lot of information at once.
- Both creative and business-minded and know how to talk to both sides of the table
- Able to effectively work with numerous departments and working styles
- Strong communicator, able to speak comfortably and clearly to key stakeholders and managers.
- The energy and drive to deliver the best work in the industry and an adaptability to a range of time and budget constraints.
- Experienced working across multiple platforms—such as print, digital, photo and video
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!