Away is looking for a Talent Acquisition leader who will help us attract top talent around the globe to further our mission of building the #1 travel brand in the world. Reporting to the VP of People, Process & Culture, you will design and lead inclusive and thoughtful recruitment processes that enable our company to develop a diverse pipeline of high-quality talent. As a strategic thought partner and trusted advisor, you will help leaders across the business grow and scale their teams.
You’d be a great candidate for this role if you have expertise building a best-in-class recruitment experience and understand how it supports employee engagement and amplifies our brand. We’re looking for a leader with deep experience in high growth environments, who has the skills to build streamlined recruitment infrastructure at a rapidly growing business. The right person is curious, humble, and a people-first leader. As a member of the People, Process & Culture team, you must be a close listener and a problem-solver with a strong customer-service orientation.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for the position.
What You'll Do:
- Define what a best-in-class candidate experience looks like at Away, and design and refine the systems, tools and training to scale that vision across Away
- Develop and oversee a robust and efficient hiring process that is fair and unbiased
- Lead and develop the talent acquisition team--serving as a coach and mentor--and oversee the hiring, development, performance and engagement of your team
- Collaborate with leaders across the organization to understand the company’s hiring needs in the short and long term
- Partner with FP&A, People Ops and hiring managers in headcount planning ensuring we’re thoughtfully considering organizational design and the right time horizon of our growing business as we open new roles
- Identify, integrate and manage all recruiting-related vendors and tools that increase efficiency and experience for both candidates and hiring managers
- Develop and analyze our talent acquisition dashboard to identify trends and variances to inform processes and strategy
- Partner with the broader People team to ensure that recruitment processes positively impact employee engagement and promote a diverse and inclusive workplace
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in recruitment
- You deeply understand that Away’s success is driven by our people and will take pride in building the infrastructure that brings exceptional talent into our organization
- Pre-existing, strong and broad external network is a plus
- Exceptional discretion, judgment and critical thinking
- Strong organizational skills, high level of efficiency, and ability to manage operations with precision and consistent follow through
- Strong client-service orientation and relationship-building skills; comfort working with various types of people in different contexts
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!