We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Director, Talent Acquisition to join our Talent Acquisition team.
Our Talent Acquisition team scales and grows the business by finding, attracting and hiring exceptional talent around the world.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will design and lead inclusive and thoughtful recruitment processes that enable our company to develop a diverse pipeline of high-quality talent. We’re looking for a leader with deep experience in high growth environments, who has the skills to build streamlined recruitment infrastructure at a rapidly growing business. As a strategic thought partner and trusted advisor, you will help leaders across the business grow and scale their teams. You will report into the VP, People and Culture and be based in our Soho office.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for the position.
What You'll Do:
- Define what a best-in-class candidate experience looks like at Away, and design and refine the systems, tools and training to scale that vision across Away
- Develop and oversee a robust and efficient hiring process that is fair and unbiased
- Lead and develop the talent acquisition team--serving as a coach and mentor--and oversee the hiring, development, performance and engagement of your team
- Collaborate with leaders across the organization to understand the company’s hiring needs in the short and long term
- Partner with FP&A, People Ops and hiring managers in headcount planning ensuring we’re thoughtfully considering organizational design and the right time horizon of our growing business as we open new roles
- Identify, integrate and manage all recruiting-related vendors and tools that increase efficiency and experience for both candidates and hiring managers
- Develop and analyze our talent acquisition dashboard to identify trends and variances to inform processes and strategy
- Partner with the broader People team to ensure that recruitment processes positively impact employee engagement and promote a diverse and inclusive workplace
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in recruitment
- Deeply understand that Away’s success is driven by our people and will take pride in building the infrastructure that brings exceptional talent into our organization
- Pre-existing, strong and broad external network is a plus
- Exceptional discretion, judgment and critical thinking
- Strong organizational skills, high level of efficiency, and ability to manage operations with precision and consistent follow through
- Strong client-service orientation and relationship-building skills; comfort working with various types of people in different contexts
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
- Education requirements didn’t limit the career of our co-founder Jen Rubio, and it won't limit your opportunities at Away either. We do not restrict our application pool based on education degrees, if you have strong professional experience, we want you to apply!
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups and inclusion training, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey and Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online and through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up and offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage and travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” and one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies”. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London and Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.