What You'll Do:
- Take the lead on our product vision for the Wellness category: What does it mean to create thoughtful travel products in this category? How do we bring this to life?
- Build a small but mighty team to execute on this product vision from insights to commercialization
- Spearhead the development of all new products and packaging in this category (including vetting, selecting, and managing manufacturers, formulators, packaging firms, etc)
- Develop the strategy of our Wellness/CPG product offering (including SKU assortment, pricing strategy, go-to-market plan) based on trends, competitive analysis, and future growth initiatives
- Work closely with marketing and creative teams to launch on-brand products cohesively
- Define and manage the category product calendar and align across all teams
- Work closely with finance to build forecasts related to our product strategy
- Manage product assortment and pricing strategies across channels and product lines
- Champion our consumers, our product vision, and our unrelenting commitment to thoughtful, innovative design
Who You Are:
- You have directly relevant experience in merchandising and/or product development and 8+ years of experience in the beauty, wellness, and/or CPG industries
- You know what it takes to build something from scratch—you have experience taking products from insights to launch, ideally in a variety of functions
- You’re personally passionate about this category: you’re on top of all the consumer trends, brands, and products across the landscape
- You have the ability to work cross-functionally (as well as up, down and across the organization) to champion your vision for the category roadmap
- You have the ability to make strategic decisions based on insights from multiple data sources
- You’re an entrepreneurial leader who inspires and motivates—not just your direct reports, but across the organization
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more… Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!