Away is seeking a Customer Experience Associate to join our customer obsessed team. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, the ideal candidate will have had experience in a customer-centric environment with a passion for connecting with people from all walks of life, empathy, warmth, humility, a sense of humor and a thoughtful, positive attitude that empowers you to assist our customers every day. You will work closely with Operations and Fulfillment. You will report into the CX Leadership Team and this position will be based in New York.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Act as the voice of the Away brand on the front lines with customers
- Deliver transformative customer experiences and develop lasting relationships via all channels that customers interact with us
- Be innovative about ways in which we can optimize each customer’s experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of all of Away’s products
- Serve as a proud brand ambassador of Away, constantly championing our core values
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues with the utmost care and respect by listening to their problems and offering innovative and meaningful resolutions
- Consistently deliver personalized experiences while meeting quality and productivity goals
- Share customer feedback and information with other team members and leaders in order to continuously improve and evolve the customer experience
- Contribute to an open, thoughtful and people-obsessed team culture
Who you are:
- Open - able to see all situations from a perspective other than your own with an acute ability to empathize with our customers.
- Problem Solver – must be a forward thinker and decision maker in a fast-paced environment; make sound decisions that lead to results and meaningful experiences.
- Thoughtful - foster a positive and enthusiastic environment for both the customer and the internal team at Away; genuinely love interacting with the customer and building relationships.
- Demonstrates Integrity – honest and ethical in all interactions in and outside of the office environment. You uphold company values and policies while maintaining the integrity of the content and delivery.
- Effective Communicator – must be an excellent communicator, able to listen well and understand the needs of our customer and the business. You express ideas clearly and directly after actively listening.
- Able to work 40 hours per week -- can include days, evening and weekends
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!