As the Program Manager, Onboarding for Away, you will develop an onboarding experience that welcomes our new team members and ensures that they are set up for success. You will build relationships across the company to create a strategy to share information with our new hires that helps them understand how the business works, how our teams work and what success looks like. You’ll ensure they have the tools, resources and information to becoming highly contributing team members.
The ideal candidate is someone who process orientated, has strong program management skills and is a highly effective communicator. You will need to be able collaborate with stakeholders across the company and turn the complexities of our departments and overall business into an onboarding program that excites, motivates and engages our newest members. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to take on an important initiative for the organization and make a lasting impact.
The Program Manager, Onboarding will be part of the People Operations team and work out of our Soho, NY office.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for the position.
Some of what you'll do:
- Guide new hires through the entirety of their onboarding program, beginning immediately after an offer letter is signed
- Work closely with hiring managers on any team or position specific onboarding needs
- Develop a rotating, scalable onboarding program
- Coordinate all events, meetings or information sessions as they relate to onboarding
- Ensure the timely delivery of information to our new hires pre-start, first day and onward
- Develop on brand, onboarding material - welcome packet, benefit information
- Work with stakeholders to rollout 30-60-90 onboarding plans
- Establish metrics for measuring the effectiveness of our onboarding program
- Ensure all new hires receive the required state specific notices, acknowledgements and trainings
- Collect and complete all new hire paperwork
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of three years of work experience a must, preferably in the people operations or onboarding space
- Strong organizational skills, high level of efficiency, and ability to manage operations with
- Strong communication skills
- Strong client-service orientation and relationship-building skills; comfort working with various types of people in different contexts
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!