Away is seeking a Creative Recruiter to join our growing Talent Acquisition team. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, we are looking for a recruiting professional to support our growth. The ideal candidate will have had experience managing full cycle recruiting for full-time & freelance creative roles across all levels with the passion to fight for best-in-class talent. As a member of the People, Process & Culture team, you will report into the Director, Talent Acquisition and work closely with our VP, Creative Strategy. This position will be based in our headquarters in SoHo, New York City.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Develop a diverse pipeline of high-quality talent and manage full-cycle recruiting for roles at all levels across the company.
- Support recruitment for Creative team roles—including graphic design, art direction, web design, copy, production (photo, video, and print) and post production (retouching, video editing, flame.)
- Develop a deep understanding of Creative team business goals to inform staffing strategy
- Create and ensure a best-in-class candidate experience as candidates move through the hiring funnel.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to hiring managers, helping to craft roles, write job descriptions, design hiring plans, & create proof of skills tests.
- Attract, source, & screen applicants using a variety of techniques, including networking, social outreach, & direct sourcing.
- Track metrics throughout each search, providing hiring managers and senior leadership with weekly updates.
- Partner with the broader People team to ensure that recruitment processes positively impact employee engagement and promote a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Cultivate & manage a network of freelancers for ad hoc creative projects and contribute to ad hoc People team projects, as needed.
Who You Are:
- You have 3-5 years of experience working as a creative recruiter either in-house of at an agency.
- You are highly personable & professional with the discretion to handle confidential information.
- You maintain composure in fast paced, high-pressure environments.
- You have strong organizational skills, demonstrate a high level of efficiency and ability to manage operations with precision & consistent follow through.
- Strong client-service orientation and relationship-building skills.
- You have proficiency in Google platforms, Slack, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Greenhouse.
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and energetic environment.
- You love to travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!