Away is seeking a Senior Marketing Associate to help scale our paid Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat. This role reports to our Head of Online Marketing and sits on the Acquisition Marketing team.
The Acquisition team is an iterative, performance-driven squad of marketers. We manage Away’s paid media budget, utilizing thoughtful experimentation and rigorous optimization to grow our customer base quickly, efficiently, and sustainably.
The right candidate is excited to join a fast-paced team, eager to learn, ready for responsibility, and hungry to make an impact on a growing business. This position is based out of our SoHo headquarters in New York City.
What You’ll Do:
- Help grow a world-class Paid Social program across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat
- Execute day-to-day channel optimizations, including: ad rotation, building, QAing, and launching new ads, budget reallocation
- Analyze and track campaign and channel performance, build reporting dashboards, and recommend opportunities to improve existing campaigns or generate new learnings for the business
- Work closely with our Creative team, generating briefs, providing recommendations to optimize performance, documenting tests, and regularly sharing findings to inform future evergreen and campaign initiatives
- Develop hypotheses about factors influencing campaign and channel performance, then test and learn in collaboration with the wider Growth Marketing and Data teams
Who You Are:
- You have 2-4 years of experience in paid social media marketing that involves both visual creative assets and performance tracking.
- You have an understanding of marketing metrics, such as CTR, CPM, CPA, and ROAS, and what they mean.
- You have strong experience with Excel, and are comfortable doing data analysis, visualization, and using formulas in the tool.
- You have an intuitive, empathic understanding of people, and an ability to hypothesize why a given message may or may not resonate with a given audience.
- You enjoy taking initiative, and are comfortable tackling problems in uncertain or ambiguous situations.
- You are very comfortable multi-tasking and managing competing priorities.
- You are intellectually curious and have a bias towards rapidly learning new skills or things that interest you.
- You love to travel (but that’s a given).
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” for the second consecutive year, one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” one of LinkedIn’s “Top Startups,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.”
We’re building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!