We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we're seeking a VP, Digital Product to join our Digital Product team.
Our Digital Product team crafts seamless digital experiences that educate, connect, and inspire a community of travelers. We immerse ourselves in the behaviors of our customers, users, and business teams to create experiences that not only meet their needs, but also push boundaries digitally.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will define the digital product strategy, as well as lead our Digital Product team. You’ll be the voice of the product vision throughout the organization and closely partner with UX and Engineering to ideate, build, and deliver best-in-class digital experiences. As we continue to expand our product offering, the countries where our products are offered, our personalization services, our brick-and-mortar footprint, and the services we offer beyond our physical product, this person will work with other department leaders to determine what we should and shouldn’t build. This role will report into the CEO, and will be based in our SoHo headquarters.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Create a bold vision for digital products, identifying forward-thinking opportunities and strategic bets that will lead Away to its goal in becoming the #1 travel brand
- Be responsible for delivering experiences that drive revenue, conversion, and customer engagement for customer-facing products, while driving cost efficiencies for internal products
- Along with Engineering and UX leads, you’ll partner cross-functionally with the leaders of our Brand Marketing, Growth Marketing, Creative Strategy, Legal, Operations, Product Development, Customer Experience, and International teams to create the product roadmap
- Partner with the Data team to define measurable metrics of success for the Digital Product team, and drive accountability through OKRs
- Partner with Customer Insights and UX Research to understand our customers and their needs to create personas, prototype products, and test ideas with existing and new customers
- Establish a culture of testing and learning within your team in continuously developing hypotheses, never taking the status quo as the way things need to be done
- Work with our Engineering, UX, and People, Process & Culture teams to establish agile processes, frameworks, and tools to improve velocity, quality, and ensure transparency
- Clearly articulate and communicate the vision, roadmap, key decisions, and relevant learnings up and out to all levels and departments of the company, offering company-wide insight into what is being worked on
- Build and develop an innovative and customer-obsessed digital product team by recruiting top talent and designing the team’s organizational structure to foster a strong product culture
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of product management experience with 4+ years of experience as a people manager
- 4+ years of experience in consumer facing e-commerce products
- Think holistically about the customer journey, from our website, to our retail stores, and beyond
- Work closely with UX and Engineering because you believe we are three legs of the stool
- Naturally think of the big picture but you can also roll up your sleeves to solve what's right in front you
- Communication skills are unrivaled, and you know how to make people listen and understand down, up, and laterally across the company
- Embody the Agile philosophy, always iterating and improving on the process and not just adhering to the ceremony
- You have experience mentoring, coaching, and developing people, and inspire your team
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
- Education requirements didn’t limit the career of our co-founder Jen Rubio, and it won't limit your opportunities at Away either. We do not restrict our application pool based on education degrees, if you have strong professional experience, we want you to apply!
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups and inclusion training, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches and regular happy hours. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey and Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online and through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up and offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage and travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” and one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies”. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London and Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.