Away is looking for a product visionary to join our team as our VP of Digital Product. In this role, you will define the digital product strategy, as well as lead our Digital Product team. You’ll be the voice of the product vision throughout the organization and closely partner with UX and Engineering to ideate, build, and deliver best-in-class digital experiences. As we continue to expand our product offering, the countries where our products are offered, our personalization services, our brick-and-mortar footprint, and the services we offer beyond our physical product, this person will work with other department leaders to determine what we should and shouldn’t build. The role will report to the Co-founder and CEO, and is based in our Soho, New York headquarters.
Some of what you’ll do:
- Create a bold vision for digital products, identifying forward-thinking opportunities and strategic bets that will lead Away to its goal in becoming the #1 travel brand
- Be responsible for delivering experiences that drive revenue, conversion, and customer engagement for customer-facing products, while driving cost efficiencies for internal products
- Along with Engineering and UX leads, you’ll partner cross-functionally with the leaders of our Brand Marketing, Growth Marketing, Creative Strategy, Legal, Operations, Product Development, Customer Experience, and International teams to create the product roadmap
- Partner with the Data team to define measurable metrics of success for the Digital Product team, and drive accountability through OKRs
- Partner with Customer Insights and UX Research to understand our customers and their needs to create personas, prototype products, and test ideas with existing and new customers
- Establish a culture of testing and learning within your team in continuously developing hypotheses, never taking the status quo as the way things need to be done
- Work with our Engineering, UX, and People, Process & Culture teams to establish agile processes, frameworks, and tools to improve velocity, quality, and ensure transparency
- Clearly articulate and communicate the vision, roadmap, key decisions, and relevant learnings up and out to all levels and departments of the company, offering company-wide insight into what is being worked on
- Build and develop an innovative and customer-obsessed digital product team by recruiting top talent and designing the team’s organizational structure to foster a strong product culture
Who you are:
- 10+ years of product management experience
- 4+ years of experience as a people manager
- 4+ years of experience in consumer facing e-commerce products
- You think holistically about the customer journey, from our website, to our retail stores, and beyond
- You work closely with UX and Engineering because you believe we are three legs of the stool
- You naturally think of the big picture but you can also roll up your sleeves to solve what's right in front you
- Your communication skills are unrivaled, and you know how to make people listen and understand down, up, and laterally across the company
- You embody the Agile philosophy, always iterating and improving on the process and not just adhering to the ceremony
- You have experience mentoring, coaching, and developing people, and inspire your team
- You’re a collaborator at heart with a strong belief that it takes multiple points of feedback and perspective to develop the right strategy
- You’re a believer that nothing is impossible—there’s always a version or a way to build something to get to the end goal
- You are data-driven and goal-oriented—you measure success both quantitatively and qualitatively and understand the importance of both
- You love to travel (but that’s a given)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have flexible PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!