Away is seeking a Web Production Associate to help manage day-to-day site maintenance and product launches. This role will be working closely with the Web and Digital Product teams, along with internal cross-functional business owners to produce digital projects from the development phase to launch. The right candidate is a fast-paced and detail-oriented individual who is eager to learn and take on a wide array of responsibilities.
This position is based out of headquarters in SoHo, New York City and reports to the Director of Digital Operations and sits on the Digital Operations team.
What you’ll do:
- Work as a member of the Web Production team to manage campaigns and product launches, from concept through development, delivery, launch, and post-launch optimization.
- Serve as a main point of contact for triaging bugs and escalating to the engineering team when necessary.
- Collaborate with internal business owners on projects that contribute to business objectives (including Creative, UX, Growth Marketing, CX, Engineering, etc.).
- Work with the creative team to define creative needs for the website and develop needed assets that meet brand guidelines (copy, photo, video, etc.).
- Work as a member of the Digital team to conceive initiatives that improve both individual and team efficiency.
- Ensure messaging and product assortment is up-to-date across all site versions
- Be responsible for maintenance and overall quality of Away’s website.
Who you are:
- You have 1-3 years of experience in an e-commerce environment. Prior startup experience highly preferred.
- You have experience with e-commerce platforms (Solidus, Magento, Shopify, etc.).
- You have familiarity with CMS tools (Contentful, Wordpress, etc.)
- Experience with QA process, including initiating, reviewing, and triaging bugs.
- You have experience with project management tools (JIRA, Asana, etc.).
- You can communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You can work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- You are a self-starter, and are willing to jump in and get the job done if necessary.
- Are intellectually curious and eager to understand how / why something works (or doesn’t) for a user
- You love to travel (but that’s a given)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have flexible PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team meals and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies” for the second consecutive year, one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” one of LinkedIn’s “Top Startups,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.”
We’re building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!