Away is looking for an experienced, talented and conceptually minded Senior Graphic Designer, Campaign to join the Creative team. In tandem with external agencies, this role will lead the concepting and design execution for Away’s integrated marketing campaigns across various platforms including TV, OOH, print, social, experiential and more—creating elevated and engaging experiences that position Away as a creative leader. The ideal candidate is strategic and innovative with the ability to see the big picture but also has a discerning eye for craft and detail.
This position will report directly to our Brand Design Director and work from our headquarters in SoHo, NYC.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely with Away’s partner agency on integrated marketing campaigns, by visually translating concepts across a breadth of platforms—keeping in mind the strategic goals of the brief.
- Partner with other disciplines within the Creative team (including Copy, Art Direction, Production, and UX) as well as Growth and Brand teams to ensure cross-functional needs are met while understanding how your work contributes to business objectives.
- Lead, coordinate and own projects from concept to completion—liaising between external agencies, vendors, and internal key stakeholders team.
- Create original, engaging designs that bring the campaign idea to life, looking at every detail as an opportunity to delight the audience.
- Set an example of leadership on the team while helping to mentor and inspire junior designers.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest industry trends to bring new ideas and outside influences to all areas of design.
- Work with print and production vendors, proofing and going on press checks as needed.
Who you are:
- 4-6 years experience in graphic design, with 2+ years experience designing for campaigns (agency background a plus).
- A strong, multidisciplinary portfolio of highly refined design across various marketing channels—with expert knowledge of typography, layout, branding and print design.
- Inherently collaborative and thrives working cross-functionally to develop proof of concepts, ambitious marketing campaigns, activations and innovative storytelling.
- Deep understanding of channel best practices and how they inform strategic and design execution.
- A blue sky thinker who is strives for perfection—is not satisfied with the status quo and consistently recommends innovative ideas to create progressive work.
- Strong presentation skills with ability to clearly and persuasively articulate ideas.
- An optimistic self starter who takes initiative and autonomously handles projects with minimal oversight.
- Excited by a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment—able to tackle competing priorities under tight timelines with the flexibility to pivot when necessary.
- Passionate and curious with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of technologies, tools, and trends in design.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite; specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign (AfterEffects a plus).
- Understanding of Away’s brand, aesthetic, voice, and mission.
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have flexible PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team meals and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!