We're looking for a CFO to drive financial and strategic leadership across our business as we build the most beloved and trusted travel brand in the world. This role will lead our existing Accounting and FP&A teams and continue to build our Finance function to ensure we’re developing a scalable approach to long-term planning, strategic corporate finance, financial operations, international expansion, real estate, investor relations, compliance, and risk. This role reports to the co-founder and CEO and will act as a key thought partner in how we plan for the future, increase accessibility of timely financial insights across the leadership team to drive better decision making, and ensure our systems and processes set up for scalable growth and success. The right person for this role will be a leader and mentor across the organization for our entire team, and an important driver in bringing people together as we scale and grow.
Some of what you’ll do:
- Guide the strategy for how we plan for the future and collaborate as a leadership team on developing and executing those plans—your best-in-class strategic thinking and ability to bring people together will be a driving force in how we successfully grow our business
- Lead strategy and execution across all financial functions including Accounting, FP&A, IR, Treasury, Tax, Strategic Planning, and Real Estate
- Develop and guide our financial leaders, including our current Sr. Director of FP&A and Controller, while continuing to build a world-class Finance organization
- Develop and maintain relationships with external partners that support the finance infrastructure
- Implement processes, frameworks and systems that allow us to capture and utilize timely and accurate data across the business to make better decisions as we become a global organization
- Partner with the other leaders across the company (including our CEO, Chief Brand Officer, General Counsel, VP of People/Process/Culture, and others) in developing our forward-looking company strategy and building a culture of cohesion, accountability, and fun
- Partner with the CEO on financing strategy, board communications, and corporate development, utilizing your existing relationships and building new ones across the finance community
- Partner with all members of the senior management team and other company leadership on short-, medium- and long-term business strategy
Who you are:
- You have at least 20 years of finance experience, including at least 10 years at the senior leadership level, even better if the experience has been at inventory-based, high growth and/or international organizations; your experience spans both private and public companies
- You are low-ego, high-energy, and exhibit the qualities of a servant leader, always asking what you can do to make everyone around you more successful
- You constantly question the status quo and believe there is always a way we can continuously improve
- You are able to execute on today’s challenges while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset around where we’ll be six months, a year, and several years from now
- You are a true listener and believe it takes multiple points of feedback and perspective to develop the right strategy
- You are data driven and goal oriented, you measure success both quantitatively and qualitatively, and understand the importance of both
- You have the highest integrity and act as a financial steward
- Your communication skills are unrivaled, and you know how to make people listen and understand
- You are curious and resourceful with a natural ability to solve problems and seek new information
- You love to travel (but that's a given)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have flexible PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team meals and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!