Away is looking for a talented Graphic Designer, Brand to join the Creative team. This role will conceptualize, design and execute across various brand initiatives including, partnership assets, print collateral, experiential, retail, social, and more—creating elevated, engaging and cohesive brand experiences. The ideal candidate is strategic with the ability to see the big picture but also has a discerning eye for craft and detail.
This position will report directly to our Brand Design Director and work from our headquarters in SoHo, NYC.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain, evolve, and translate Away’s design system across multiple platforms to create a cohesive and thoughtful brand experience.
- Collaborate closely with other disciplines within the Creative team (including Copy, Art Direction, Production, and UX) as well as other key stakeholders throughout Away to ensure cross-functional and strategic implementation of the Away brand.
- Create original, engaging concepts that strategically answer the brief and bring the brand to life, looking at every detail as an opportunity to delight our customers.
- Responsible for staying up-to-date on the latest industry trends, while looking outside of the world of design for inspiration.
- Maintain standards and help evolve brand guidelines as we continue to grow into new markets, products, partnerships, etc.
Who you are:
- 2-5 years of graphic design experience with branding background (iconography and illustration experience a plus).
- A dynamic portfolio showcasing refined sensibilities across many mediums—with exceptional knowledge of identity systems, typography, print design, and layout.
- A detail oriented, systems thinker who is not satisfied with the status quo—pushes new ideas to create thoughtful, progressive work.
- Strong presentation skills with ability to clearly and persuasively articulate ideas
- Passionate about the latest in travel, design, branding and technology.
- A self starter with a positive attitude—able to work collaboratively with the flexibility to iterate on feedback and complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite; specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. (experience with AfterEffects a plus).
- Understanding of Away’s brand, aesthetic, voice, and mission.
- You love to travel (but that's a given).
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have flexible PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team meals and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!