Away is seeking a Keyholder for our store located in Boston. As the Keyholder for our Boston store, you’ll focus primarily on supporting and motivating a team of retail associates. It will be your task to ensure Away’s brand ethos is infused into the store experience and that your team is delivering exceptional customer service. You will also help to drive performance by managing the store’s systems and people operations.
What you’ll do:
- Manage, support, and develop a team of retail associates
- Onboard new hires while still coaching existing team members
- Communicate Away’s values and brand philosophy to your team and to customers alike
- Ensure that your team is providing the best customer service possible, by providing such service yourself
- Take ownership of in-store processes and operations and help define Away’s SOPs.
- Help run an efficient and growing retail business; optimize store operations and customer journey
- Be a point person for HQ counterparts and colleagues; assist in marketing events and programming at the store.
Who you are:
- 2-3 years experience in a managerial, customer-facing role
- Deep understanding of elevated customer experience
- Genuinely excited about building and managing a high-performing retail team. Comfortable getting their hands dirty!
- Top performer with the track record to prove it
- Must have a passion for people development, a knack for motivation, and a honed and mature leadership style
- Understanding of financial performance models and how to action KPIs
- Previous experience working at a start-up or a fast-growing retail company
- Previous visual merchandising experience a plus
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have flexible PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. We’ll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team meals and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!