We’re seeking a Retail Associate for our first international store. You will represent the Away brand by setting the standard of providing best-in-class retail experience from the moment a customer walks through the door. The right candidate has retail experience in London, is passionate about travel, can hold a conversation with anyone, and is willing to work with the team to create tremendous experiences for customers and the Away community.
What you'll do:
- Deliver an awe-inspiring customer experience to customers while assisting them with the entire shopping process and introducing them to the Away brand
- Create and fulfill orders, both for in-store purchases and online requests
- Stay on top of inventory demands and customer requests
- Communicate with the Store Manager daily about sales goals, store issues, and ideas
- Assist with setting up and execution of events
Who you are:
- Friendly, upbeat, passionate about travel, with a calm and positive attitude even during rushes
- Smart, organized, patient, and an efficient communicator
- At least one year of retail experience, comfortable with or capable of learning ecommerce and point of sale platforms
- Available on nights and/or weekends with a flexible schedule
- Witty, obsessed with trends and culture, and can start a conversation with anyone
- Possess a “no task is too small” attitude
- Excited to be a part of the Away team
- Fluency in Cantonese/Mandarin, Arabic, Russian or Japanese a plus!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!