We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Store Manager to join our Retail team.
Our Retail team creates a transformative experience that inspires a global community. We build connections with our community through product expertise and merchandising, world-class-service standards, and operational excellence. We pride ourselves in owning the offline touch point for our community, and use it as an opportunity to create more Away fans.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will represent the Away brand by setting the standard of providing best-in-class retail experience from the moment a customer walks through the door, demonstrating unparalleled team and store operations management day-to-day and for special events, and leading the team with dedicated organization of staffing, inventory, and communications with HQ (in New York). The right candidate is excited to use their seasoned management experience to lead the team in our second retail space and continue to provide top-tier customer experience for our outstanding customers.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position.
What you'll do:
- Act as the face and voice of the Away brand on the front lines with customers delivering awe-inspiring customer service in store, setting the standard for all store associates
- Manage daily staff schedule, payroll and time off
- Capture customer insights and communicate feedback with marketing, tech, design, and product teams to improve the overall customer experience
- Think creatively about ways in which we can optimize processes around inventory, operations, staffing, and events
- Update and communicate weekly and monthly metrics
- Work alongside store events team and oversee staff designations for event logistics, setup and breakdown needs
- Create a welcoming and inviting urban retail oasis for Away customers
Who you are:
- Have at least 2 years of experience as a Retail Store Manager in London
- Experienced with POS systems
- Entrepreneurially minded
- Fearless leader and thorough trainer of staff across all sales, inventory, and organizational platforms
- Organizational all-star able to keep the store and stockroom neat, clean and easily accessible for all
- Smart and capable of working in a fast-paced environment with calm resolve
- Friendly, patient and enthusiastic when dealing with customers and staff alike
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Loves to share travel stories with our enthusiastic customers!
Away is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. We’re building a company with a mission to make travel more seamless—starting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, we’re working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date we’ve sold more than 500,000 suitcases, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, and grown to a team of more than 150 people. We know that’s just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their “2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies,” we were included on the Built in NYC “Startups to Watch in 2018” list, and called a “Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing” by Adweek.