We’re Away. We make thoughtful objects for modern travel. For us, getting Away means getting more out of every trip to come.
We’re currently seeking a Digital Product Designer to help create beautiful and highly functional products across all platforms. You’ll be part of the entire project lifecycle from start to finish and will be expected to contribute to all aspects of the design process—including research, wireframing/prototyping, and visual design. The ideal candidate is a highly talented creative individual who is able to work well under structured timelines to deliver stunning online experiences that delight our customers.
This role will work from our headquarters in NoHo, NY.
What you’ll do:
- Conceptualize and own overall design strategy and vision for Away’s digital products.
- Develop straightforward design approaches to complex design problems all while prioritizing seamless user journeys and end-to-end experiences for customers.
- Think strategically for long-term impact while understanding and taking into account business and technical constraints.
- Create wireframes, user flows, sitemaps and mockups to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas that are on brief and on time.
- Deliver clear prototypes that can be rapidly shared with key stakeholders and/or customers for user testing.
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of user-centered design process to cross-functional key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with project managers and other relevant business owners throughout the product life cycle.
- Work closely with the engineering team as your project is developed, delivering any necessary annotations/design specifications.
- Understand agile methodology and apply this mindset to all aspects of your work.
Who you are:
- 4-6 years of experience bringing digital products to life (ideally in an agency or consulting environment).
- A solid portfolio of product work that can speak to both your UX and visual design skills.
- Able to pitch, educate, and define your design rationale to key stakeholders—you can articulate the ‘why’ and lead discussions around your process, explorations, and conclusions.
- Proven prototyping and interaction design experience
- Able to translate stakeholder goals, user research, and complex user flows into clean, usable UIs.
- Solid and up to date understanding of best practices, developments and trends in web, mobile and iOS design.
- Ego-less and objective. You receive feedback well and can iterate on your designs within a team, no matter how attached to them you are.
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Fitness reimbursement
- Quarterly company outings
- Annual international team trips
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 100 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $31M in venture funding led by Forerunner Ventures, Accel Partners, and Global Founders Capital.