Alumni Ventures Group (AVG) offers undergraduate sophomores, juniors, and seniors an opportunity to spend the term or semester working with us at our venture capital firm in Manchester, NH.
At AVG, we have a uniquely community/network approach to venture capital, where we raise relatively small checks ($50K minimum) from a large number of individuals. We build and manage venture capital funds for alumni of selective universities. For example, our first alumni fund, Green D Ventures, raises a new $10M fund every year from ~100-200 alumni. Then the Green D Ventures team invests that money and delivers to our investors a portfolio of 20-30 venture investments diversified by stage, sector, and geography, most with a connection to a Dartmouth alumni. We now have a venture fund for over 15 different alumni communities (Harvard, Stanford, MIT, and others). This recent TechCrunch article provides a more in-depth overview of our model.
The AVG internship is an opportunity for an undergraduate student to get his or her foot in the door of a fast-paced, professional, and entrepreneurial environment building the AVG brand and community. This a desirable industry and post, and the selection process is highly selective.
Interns may have the opportunity to attend company trips, outings, lunches, etc. based on the timing of their cohort. Interns will also be invited to multiple “Lunch & Learns” throughout the program. Lunch & Learns are with high-level members of AVG and are a more informal way for interns to learn about venture capital, entrepreneurship, and the business world.
This application is for our Fall Quarter cohort in our Communication Department. This is an unpaid position with 40 hours/week expected. Current positions are remote. We do not provide housing.
- Current undergraduate student
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Desire to learn
- Attention to detail in execution
- Superb time management
- Highly coachable
- Good listener
- High EQ
- Reliable, meeting deadlines and expectations
- Communicates well with colleagues and manager
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help
- In-take of tickets and build-out of production projects
- Copywriting, editing, and proofreading
- Creation of tracking links
- Testing and conducting QA on sends before scheduling
- Keyword research to optimize content for SEO
- Working with internal contributors to source, proof, and approve content
- Selecting and sizing contextually relevant and on-brand artwork for content
- Update and publishing of web pages/posts/blogs
- Excellent writing/editing skills
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, etc.)
- Video production or editing
Please feel free to read more about our Company at www.AVGfunds.com